Need expert advice on buying the best laptop for Cricut Explore? Because that’s what we are offering!
Most of the modern laptops can work with the Cricut Explorer machine with no issues. But why buy the one which is JUST compatible, when you can get a better laptop that has much more to offer? Are you into precision crafting, then the laptops we’ve reviewed below should be great options for you!
The Cricut Explore is one of the best electronic cutting machines. It also is popular among people and businesses based on arts and crafts. It cuts out the paper on a special adhesive mat. For those who don’t know, this cutting machine can cut vinyl, foam paper, leather, and other types of fabrics & materials for crafting purposes. Besides all of the above, the device can also be used as a printer to print designs. Isn’t it really a cool machine?
Is your current laptop not working properly with the Cricut Design Space software or the Explore Air 2 machine even after trying all the troubleshooting steps? You certainly must be looking for a new laptop that can efficiently work and connect with the device.
As this title suggests, we’ll be focused on helping you find a laptop, We won’t be talking much about the projects you make using it. We would rather focus on the primary topic. So shall we begin with the list and the product reviews?
Note: Freedom 251 also has a paid consultancy department that helps businesses buy the best products for their business needs for a fee. In the past, 3 of our consultants have worked with multiple businesses that use the Cricut Explore and have helped them choose the laptop machines that work smoothly with the device. That’s why we got in touch with them and the below-listed models are their choices (trusted by around 17 businesses, 5 individuals.)
Although a few laptop brands reached out to us with sponsorship to list down their laptops in this list and to improve their ranks, we’ve denied them. However, this article includes affiliate links and we’ll earn a really small fee if you make a purchase after clicking the link without you having to pay extra! That’ll just help us post more of such guides and help other people make an informed buying decision!
- Cricut Explore Air, Air 2, and Design Space System Requirements
- The Best Laptops for Cricut Explore in 2019 (Ranked, Reviewed, & Compared)
- 1. Best For All Cricut Explore Machines (Air and Air 2): Acer Aspire 7
- 2. Best Runner Up: ASUS VivoBook 14 S Thin
- 3. Best High-End Laptop Under Budget: The Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with i7
- 4. Cheapest i7 Laptop for Cricut Design Space: Lenovo Ideapad 330S
- 5. Best for Business/Sales Professionals: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- 6. Best Value for Money: Asus Vivobook F510UA-AH55
- 7. Best Under $400: Dell i5575 A217SLV PUS Inspiron
- 8. Cheaper i5 Laptop for Cricut Explore: Asus Vivobook F510UA-AH51
- 9. Cheap Acer Laptop for Cricut Explore: Acer Aspire E 15
- 10. Cheapest Laptop for Cricut Explore: Lenovo Ideapad A12
- The Verdict
Cricut Explore Air, Air 2, and Design Space System Requirements
The Cricut Design space is the software that you will be using a lot. Besides providing a space for designing, it also will act as an interface between your Laptop and Explore Air or Air 2 machine. Below we’ve listed down the minimum system requirements.
It’s important that you stick to the “system requirements” or get a laptop whose hardware specs are above the minimum system requirements. Buying a model that comes with above-minimum specs will help you multi-task (use other software, browsers, etc concurrently) and can also ensure buttery-smooth performance when connected with Cricut Explore.
|CPU||Intel Core series or equivalent AMD CPU||Intel Core Series (Above 1.84 GHz)||Intel i5 or above|
|Operating System||Windows 8 or Later||MacOS 10.13 or newer versions.||Windows 10 and MacOS Mojave|
|Browsers||Latest versions of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, |
|Latest Versions of Safari, Google Chrome,|
|Latest Versions of the supported browsers|
|Free Disk Space||2GB||2GB||20GB (Minimum 2GB)|
|Minimum Display Resolution||1024x768 pixels||1024x768 pixels||1024x768 pixels or Higher Resolution
(Higher, the better)
|Connectivity||USB Port or Bluetooth||USB Port or Bluetooth||USB or Bluetooth Port|
The Best Laptops for Cricut Explore in 2019 (Ranked, Reviewed, & Compared)
Now that you know the minimum system requirements and the expert-recommend system requirements. It’s time for you to go through the models which are highly-suitable. We’ve ranked, reviewed, compared 10 different laptops from reputed brands to ensure that you have enough options for being able to choose the perfect one for your crafting needs!
We’ve not included the Apple MacBooks in this article as almost all of the latest models are compatible with Cricut Explore and work efficiently with it. You can just keep up specifications requirements in your mind and go for the one which suits you the best!
1. Best For All Cricut Explore Machines (Air and Air 2): Acer Aspire 7
- CPU: 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor.
- Display: 15.6-inch Full HD Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display (1920 x 1080)
- RAM: 8GB.
- The additional storage is 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD.
- The graphics card is the latest 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (Makes it better for all-purpose)
- The company provides a warranty of 30 days easy refund in case the laptop comes in a damaged state.
The Acer Aspire 7 comes with more than enough specs you’ll need to run the Cricut Explore. Just like other laptops with i7 processor, you’ll be able to run a lot of other CPU-intensive software concurrently. It also has a good trackpad to help you with movements or selecting things while using the laptop. The good thing about this laptop is, it’s future proof and you won’t just be limited to using it for Explore, you can play a lot of high-end software or games.
This new Acer Laptop is also a gaming laptop and as the name suggests, it provides a superb gaming experience. It is a very versatile model as it helps you in doing every type of task, be it a school project, professional work, or just having a gaming championship as you stream it online. The laptop provides 15.6 “Full HD screen which offers excellent image quality with a widescreen view which is also ideal for a wholesome gaming experience.
Under its hood, it holds the latest 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor for a powerful and seamless experience when it adjuncts with the massive storage facility of 8GB RAM & 1TB HDD. It has a high-quality graphics card of 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 for the best gaming experience.
The best feature of the laptop is its fingerprint technology for safe and secure login. A powerful stereo speaker, digital microphone and in-built Wi-Fi are all wrapped inside this slender, compact and lightweight laptop. As the laptop can also be used as a gaming laptop, it has a type-C USB for top speed delivering of data while you enjoy your live streaming of games.
- It has a high-quality graphics card for the best gaming experience.
- The storage of the laptop is massive and easily upgradable.
- It has a stylish looking design.
- It is a little heavyweight.
- The battery life is not up to the mark.
2. Best Runner Up: ASUS VivoBook 14 S Thin
- CPU: 8th Gen Intel Core i7 quad-core processor.
- Display: 14-inch Full wide-view display
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Storage 256GB SSD.
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX 150
- This laptop has special ASUS Accidental damage protection for 30days from spills, surge, fire, and bright dots.
The all-new range by ASUS VivoBook S series is all set to provide you with a seamless experience of computing with style, precision, and protection. The Vivobook 14 S thin comes with a 14 inch full HD display with the ultra-narrow bezel which is the unique feature of this laptop.
The laptop is very light and thin, as it weighs just 3.2lbs, and this feature makes it very travel-friendly. The laptop uses lithium battery which has a lifespan up to 3X longer than the standard batteries present in other laptops. Since it’s a travel-friendly laptop, you can carry it anywhere and work from anywhere and when you are done with the work, you can connect it with your Cricut Explore Air or Air 2 and get the print-outs and cut-outs. The outer part of the laptop is brushed aluminum, and it’s just 0.7″ thin. The textured finish adds the special touch of the laptop.
It’s powered by the 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor and comes along with 8GB DDR4 and 256GB SSD storage for smooth performance even under multitasking situations with no hiccups. The graphics card is dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX150 which provides the best and latest graphic effects for playing and streaming games. Although you can’t use it to play high-end games, you surely can use it for playing a few low-end games.
The laptop also houses three types of USB which are Type-c Gen 1 USB, 3.0 USB 2.0 USB. Additional features of the laptop include Bluetooth, HDMI, SD card reader, headphones jack, and fingerprint reader. It also has an illuminated chiclet keyboard which adds to its style.
- It is very thin, light, and compact.
- It has the latest graphics card.
- It has lots of storage.
- It has an average battery life.
- Fingerprint sensor placement can be better.
3. Best High-End Laptop Under Budget: The Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with i7
- CPU: Intel Core i7 quad-core processor.
- RAM: 12GB DDR4 RAM.
- Storage: 1TB.
- Graphics: Intel integrated 620 graphics card.
- The laptop has a warranty for a 30days refund if the product is delivered in a damaged state.
The Dell Inspiron 1500 5570 comes with a fast processor and has ample RAM. Besides, it also meets the display resolution requirements required to run the Cricut Design Space and costs much less than the other i7 laptops we’ve listed above. So if you are looking for a budget laptop that can run with the Cricut Explore, then this is the one for you!
It is an excellent choice for students, working professionals and also for casual entertainment. It has a 15.6″ full HD touchscreen backlit display. It is a well -constructed silver color laptop with intelligent and ergonomic design. It is fitted with 1.8GHz Intel Core i7 quad-core processor with a 12GB DDR and 1TB hard drive which increases the efficiency and makes the performance seamless and fast.
The Laptop also comes with an HD webcam and a dual microphone which makes video calls easy. It has MaxxAudio pro audio to give you the best audio experience. The SD media card reader helps you to transfer files quickly from and to the device to your laptops. The laptop has a headphone and microphone combo jack with high-quality built-in speakers. The laptop has an operating system of Windows 10 home. This laptop can also be a good option for playing and streaming games.
The laptop is also fitted with a DVD writer and a digital media reader. Additional features include dual-band wireless Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for better connectivity. The laptop has 2 USB ports which are 3.1 USB port and 2.0 USB, which will help you connect with almost every type of device. This laptop has everything you need.
- It has a very widescreen display for a better view.
- It has an audio sound system for a good audio experience.
- The battery life is good for more extended use.
- The processor is very slow.
- There’s no SSD so the disk can be slow.
- It gets overheated very fast.
4. Cheapest i7 Laptop for Cricut Design Space: Lenovo Ideapad 330S
- Processor: 8th generation Intel Core i7 quad-core
- Display: 15.6-inch (1366 x 768 pixels)
- RAM: 4GB DDR4 RAM.
- Storage: 16GB Intel Optane memory and 1TB hard drive.
- GPU: The laptop has an HD 620 graphics card.
- It provides a warranty for a 1-year onsite warranty if the product gets damaged.
If you are someone who needs the processor of the laptop to be fast or use software that requires i7, have a tight budget, and at the same time want the model which has the minimum system requirements for Cricut Explore and Design Space, then this is the model! Because this device has all of these aspects covered!
The all-new range by Lenovo Ideapad 330S is now thinner and lighter, making it more compatible and easy to travel with. So if you use the Design space to make designs at-home and carry the laptop to the office for using the Cricut Explore machine (Air 2 or Air), then this lightweight laptop can really reduce your burden. It claims to have a state-of-the-art processor, accelerated graphics and a recreated keyboard.
As mentioned above, this laptop comes with the 8th-gen Intel i7 processor which is one of the fastest processors available in the market. The storage in this laptop is plenty for you to store data quickly, and the performance of the laptop is seamless with no hiccups. It has around 4GB DDR4 RAM and 16GB additional Optane memory with a 1TB hard drive. The 4GB RAM should be enough for running Cricut Design Space and other software concurrently, but if you are someone who multi-tasks, then you shall consider going for a laptop which has 8GB RAM.
The display is 15.6 inches widescreen to provide a better view. The laptop weighs just 2.4 pounds making it very light in weight. The operating system used in this laptop is Windows 10 home. The laptop uses stereo speakers with Dolby audio for best in class audio and video experience.
The laptop has multiple ports which are HDMI, 2xUSB 3.0, 1xType C USB 3.0, a 4-in-1 card reader, and an audio/microphone combo jack. This wide range of USB ports will make sure you can connect with all types of devices without any hassle. The laptop also features Bluetooth, 720HD Mic, and Wi-Fi connection so that you can easily connect with the internet.
- It has an attractive and sleek finish.
- The display is foldable up to 180 degrees.
- It has excellent audio quality with its in-built speakers.
- It has too many USB ports and all the ports are fitted on one side.
- The performance is not up to the mark.
5. Best for Business/Sales Professionals: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- CPU: 5th generation Intel Core i5 processor.
- Display: 14-inch Flatscreen HD with anti-glare IPS
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 512GB SSD.
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520.
- The company gives a warranty of 30 days if the product is delivered in a damaged state.
The all-new range by Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is the ultimate ultrabook that can be used by both students and business professionals. It has an ultra-slim profile which makes it very portable and easy to carry. It comes with a 14″ flatscreen HD display with anti-glare IPS for the best view and clarity. The operating system used in this laptop is Windows 10 pro.
The graphics card used is the integrated Intel HD graphics 520. The laptop has loads of storage with its 8GB RAM and an additional 512GB SSD storage. This laptop uses the best in class Dolby audio for rich sound experience while you watch videos, movies, or play games. The laptop is also loaded with multiple ports for all-round connectivity which includes 2 Intel Thunderbolt 3, 2 USB 3.0, HDMI, Micro SD port, and micro SIM holder. The additional features include WLAN, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity for sharing and receiving files.
The laptop weighs 2.4lbs or 1.3kgs, which is super light and fits just right in your backpack while you carry it around. The stylish black colored laptop will only add up to your style. This laptop has a widescreen display with fantastic sound quality; when this adjunct with best in class technology and lots of storage, this becomes your best buy and is worth all your money.
- It is very lightweight and compact.
- The display of the laptop is extensive.
- It has loads of storage and the latest processor.
- The battery life is average.
- The audio quality can get better.
6. Best Value for Money: Asus Vivobook F510UA-AH55
- CPU: 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor.
- RAM: 8GB DDR4.
- Display: 15.6” FHD WideView display
- Storage: 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD.
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620.
- The laptop provides a warranty of 30 days easy refund if the product comes in a damaged state.
If you are looking for a lightweight laptop with an efficient processor and seamless performance, the ASUS VivoBook Thin and light is the perfect match for you. It comes with the Intel Core i5 processor and also has plenty of storage of about 8GB RAM and 128GB+1TB SSD/HDD extra room so that you can as much data as you want with no hiccups and smooth experience.
It promises to deliver ultra-smooth visuals with its NanoEdge display and ultra-narrow bezel for a widescreen view so that you can share content easily. The main focus of the laptop falls on its lightweight and thin construction, making it travel-friendly and compact. The weight of the laptop is around 3.7lbs, and the profile is 0.8 slim.
The laptop provides for secure connectivity as it has multiple USB connectivity which includes 3.1 gen one port USB and its unique ‘any-way-up’ Type C USB connection. It also features HDMI and SD card ports for connectivity with a range of peripherals and devices. The laptop has four modes that are easy to access. The patterns are manual, vivid, eye-care, standard. The ASUS Tru2Life technology optimizes with the contrast and sharpness of the image or video for providing best in class experience.
- It is incredibly lightweight and compact.
- It has the latest technology for a seamless experience.
- It has a widescreen for a better view.
- The battery life is average
- The audio quality can be better.
7. Best Under $400: Dell i5575 A217SLV PUS Inspiron
- This laptop features Intel Core i5 8th gen processor.
- The laptop has 8GB DDR4 RAM
- It has an additional memory of a 1TB hard drive.
- The graphics card in this laptop is Radeon Vega8.
- The laptop provides a warranty of 30 days if the product is delivered in a damaged state.
The all-new series by Dell Inspiron is made for precision. It has a display of 15.6″ flat screen HD for better clarity while you enjoy videos or movies. The SmartByte technology is specially made for streaming and gaming games smoothly without any interruptions. The new network solution provided by the laptop is all you need for optimal performance while you use applications.
The laptop uses inbuilt speakers which are MaxxAudio pro that will give you the best in class audio experience so that you can listen to every detail in rich and resonant tones while you watch videos or play games. It is fitted with the latest processor for delivering speed and best performance in a compact and wholesome package. The boosted bandwidth increased performance and energy efficiency with massive storage of 8GB DDR4 memory, and additional storage of 1TB will let you multitask and use as many applications as you want with no hiccups and lagging.
The new thinner and lighter design will let you carry it anywhere you go quickly and also its sleek design and meticulous finish with a metallic touch makes it an eye-catcher and increase your style quotient as you give it.
- It has a fingerprint sensor that keeps your laptop safe and easy to access.
- It has a stylish and sleek design.
- It has lots of storage.
- It has an average battery life.
- It has way too many USB ports on the sides.
8. Cheaper i5 Laptop for Cricut Explore: Asus Vivobook F510UA-AH51
- The laptop features Intel Core i5 8250U processor.
- Under its hood, it holds a RAM of 8GB.
- It holds additional storage of 1TB.
- The graphics card is Intel HD graphics 620.
- The laptop provides a warranty for a 30days refund if the product comes in a damaged state.
The all-new ASUS Vivobook will give the benefits of style and efficiency. The Nanoedge display gives an incredible screen-to-body ratio of 80%. The ultra-narrow bezel makes it the ultimate solution for sharing and viewing content. The laptop is just 3.7lbs, making it ultra-light and very compact. What makes this laptop even more powerful is the processor under its hood.
It is powered by the Intel Core i5 processor, storage of 8GB RAM and a graphics card of the latest Intel HD 620 graphics. The considerable storage and latest CPU provides a seamless experience with no hiccups and smooth working. The laptop offers the ease of complete connectivity as it is equipped with USB gen one and a reversible type C USB for faster and quick connectivity with a broad range of devices.
The laptop has access to ASUS Tru2life video technology, making it looks fantastic, and it also features incredible optimization technology. The color of the computer is star grey, and it uses an operating system of windows ten home. Laptop also has an ergonomic Chiclet keyboard with a fingerprint sensor for easy, quick, and safe access to the laptop. The laptop has in-built Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity for lightning-fast use of the internet and sharing of content hassle-free.
- The laptop is very lightweight and easy to carry.
- It has a widescreen and narrow bezel for a better visual experience.
- It holds the latest technology for seamless working.
- The battery life is not up to the mark.
- The audio quality is okayish.
9. Cheap Acer Laptop for Cricut Explore: Acer Aspire E 15
- It features 8th gel Intel dual-core i3 processor for seamless performance
- RAM: dual-channel 6GB.
- It has storage of 1TB RAM.
- The laptop features Intel UHD Graphics 620 card.
- The laptop provides a warranty of 30 days refund if the product comes in a damaged state.
The all-new range by Acer’s Aspire E 15 provides a comfortable, smooth, and efficient experience. This laptop is lightweight and easy to travel with. It has a high-level 8th generation Intel core i3 processor with the technology of turbo boost to provide seamless and powerful performance.
It is loaded with windows ten home and has LED-backlit widescreen full HD display. Under its hood, it has an Intel HD Graphics card with dual memory of 6GB and about 1TB of hard drive storage. This laptop also has an additional benefit of DVD double-layer drive, and it features Acer true harmony.
The laptop has built-in stereo speakers so that you can enjoy good quality audio anytime. It has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology for secure connectivity. It has an HD webcam which is supported by a high dynamic range for better quality video calls. The laptop has 3 USB ports so that you can use every type of USB channel for better connectivity. The computer is powered by six battery cells of Li-ion, which provides battery life up to 13.5 hours depending upon the use. The laptop weighs just 5.27 pounds making it travel-friendly and comes in a beautiful and subtle Obsidian black color.
- It has very long and powerful battery life.
- It has an extensive storage system.
- The graphics card is of the latest technology.
- This laptop can be a little bulky.
- The system software needs to be updated.
10. Cheapest Laptop for Cricut Explore: Lenovo Ideapad A12
- The laptop has a 2.7 GHz AMD A-series quad-core processor.
- The RAM in this laptop is 8GB.
- The additional storage is of 1TB HDD.
- The graphics card in this laptop is AMD Radeon R7.
- The laptop provides a warranty of 30 days easy refund if a damaged product is received.
The Lenovo Ideapad A12 is an ideal laptop for daily use, especially if you are a student or need it for some professional work; it works either way brilliantly. This laptop is a sturdy and stylish notebook laptop. The computer has a display of 15.6″ with a widescreen display for better visual quality. Under its hood, it holds a processor of 2.7GHz AMD 8th gen Intel quad-core processor for fast and efficient working.
The storage of the laptop is very impressive as it has additional storage of 1TB HDD and 8GB DDR memory which constitutes to plenty of space. The other features of the laptop constitute a Bluetooth and tray load DVD drive. It has 1 USB Type C port and 2 USB of 3.0 ports. The laptop uses an operating system of Windows 10. It also has a 4-in-1 card reader. The laptop also has the facility of Wi-Fi connectivity.
The laptop comes in a beautiful platinum grey color. This laptop is everything one needs to have whether first time users or professional gamer. Lenovo Ideapad won’t disappoint you with its widescreen, robust storage, and other ample amounts of features like multiple options of connectivity with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Dolby sound experience.
- It has a classy design and is well constructed.
- It has a large 14-inch non-glossy display.
- The touchpad is accurate and very easy to use.
- It may have hiccups when overworked.
- It has an average battery life.
The laptops given in the list above are all best in class with some unique features in each one of them. The need for a computer is increasing significantly in the lives of both students and professionals, and everyone needs a computer with a fast processor and more storage with a few other additional features. If one wants to use a computer for using Cricut for doing projects and crafts, then these laptops will help you in doing so without any hiccups. The choice of laptop entirely depends on the needs of the user.
Other Laptop series articles on Freedom 251:
- 12 Best Laptops for Stock Trading in 2019 [Expert Recommendations]
- 10 Best Laptops for Medical School in 2019 [Expert Recommendations]
- Best Laptops For Virtual Machines [High Level Virtualization]
- 12 Best Laptops for Kali Linux in 2019 [For Hacking and Pentesting]
- 8 Best Laptops for Car Tuning in 2019 [Expert Recommendations]
- 10 Best Laptops For The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in 2019
- 11 Best Laptops for Law School Students of 2019 [Recommended by Experts]
- 10 Best Laptops for Silhouette Cameo in 2019
- 12 Best Laptops for Engineering Students To Buy in 2019
- 10 Best Laptops for Cricut Explore in 2019