So, you have finally decided that you are going to get a selfie stick. The ‘in’ trend has finally attracted your attention too. There are several benefits to getting a selfie stick too. You no longer have to ask strangers to take your photos, you can take wide-angle pictures, and you can shoot video that is much more stable. With such good qualities, it’s a wonder we managed to take great photos before at all.
But which one? Should you get a wired one or wireless one? What about build quality? Should you consider the portability factor? With the wide range of products available and so many things to consider, it is understandable why you’re confused. Don’t worry, that’s where we step in.
It is not enough to hop on Amazon and pick one of the top-rated products. Selfie sticks come with a wide range of features that may not be compatible with your phone. You need to find a stick that matches your needs, falls in your budget range and is crafted well.
- The Best Selfie Sticks of 2019
- 1. Mpow iSnap X Selfie Stick Monopod
- 2. Yoozon Bluetooth Selfie Stick with Tripod
- 3. UBeesize Selfie Stick with Portable and Adjustable Camera Stand Holder
- 4. Perfectday Pocket-size Foldable and Extendable Bluetooth Selfie Stick
- 5. UBeesize Wireless Selfie Stick Tripod S (Mobile, Camera, GoPro Compatible)
- 6. BlitzWolf Bluetooth Selfie Stick with Tripod
- 7. JETech Battery-Free Selfie Stick
- 8. Erligpowht Extendable Selfie Stick
- 9. Best for GoPro: Vicdozia Portable Hand Grip Waterproof Extension Selfie Stick
- 10. Selfie World Professional 10-in-1 Monopod Selfie Stick
- Selfie Stick Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Which selfie stick is the best to buy?
- 2. What is the best selfie stick for iPhone?
- 3. How do I choose a selfie stick?
- 4. What is the best selfie stick with Tripod?
- 5. Where are selfie sticks banned?
- 6. How much does a selfie stick weigh?
- 7. Are selfie sticks still popular?
- 8. What is the best Bluetooth selfie stick?
- 9. Are selfie sticks compatible with all phones?
- The Verdict
The Best Selfie Sticks of 2019
Sounds impossible? It’s not. We are here to help you. This list of ours has the best selfie sticks which are selling like hot cakes. Not only that, As we’ve done in our previous best lists for dual SIM smartphones, wireless routers, smartwatches, etc. We’ve curated a buyer’s guide to help you in your quest. At the end of this article is a list of frequently asked questions that will answer all your doubts about selfie sticks.
But first, here is a list of our best-rated selfie sticks, their top features, our review and pros and cons of each item. We have also pointed out the price and where you can buy them. Read on to find out more about this hip and trendy item. So, shall we finally begin?
1. Mpow iSnap X Selfie Stick Monopod
- Stainless steel selfie stick
- Matte surface
- Soft touch grip with a metallic base
- Adjustable Head
- 270 degrees rotation available and adjustable phone holder
- 81 cm extension available
Mpow Selfie Stick is one of the top branded Bluetooth accessories for smartphones. It comes with a Bluetooth-based remote control and an excellent battery life that allows you to use your selfie stick for an extended period of time.
You can use the stick for taking selfies as well as group photos. It is extremely easy to to use the stick, simply turn it on and pair it with your smartphone via Bluetooth. The stick comes with an adjustable head that can rotate up to 270 degrees. This ensures that you can capture stunning photos from any angle you desire.
The Mpow selfie stick comes with an extendable body of 31 inches. When it comes to group photos, you will be able to cram more people in one photo now. Take the most satisfying group selfies with this product whether you’re in a party or a family gathering.
However, it should be noted that the stick does not pair with certain smartphones like Pixel 2 and 2 XL and Samsung Galaxy S10.
When it comes to storage, there’s no rival for this product. When folded, it is only 7 inches in length. Now you can carry it in your pocket anywhere you with. The portable design ensures that the Mpow stick is comfortable for traveling, whether you choose to keep it in your bag or your pocket.
It also comes with a wrist strap which further increases the insurance factor. Your phone will be more than secure with Mpow selfie stick. The stick is made of stainless steel and has a matte black surface which is extremely sophisticated and elegant to look at.
Moreover, the grip of the stick is made of soft touch material and has a metal base which adds to the sturdiness. The phone holder is also adjustable – you can fit in a phone of any size ranging from 5.5 centimeters to 8.5 centimeters in it. This makes the stick an extremely versatile device.
- Certified and branded stick.
- The remote control allows group photos easily.
- Adjustable and easy to use.
- Light and comfortable.
- Comes with extra wrist strap.
- Battery backup is very low.
- The build quality is not sturdy.
- No instructions on how to set up the device.
2. Yoozon Bluetooth Selfie Stick with Tripod
- Can extend up to 26.68 inches.
- 3.15 inches wide main extension, can hold iPhones and Android smartphones.
- 360°adjustable rotations.
- Suitable for all mobile phones with Bluetooth.
- Built-in 65 mAh lithium battery.
- Range of the wireless connection can be up to 10 meters.
Yoozon Selfie Stick is the best solution for people who hate screwing a monopod selfie stick with a heavy tripod. The product manages to perform two functions with its unique and flawless design. It has a lightweight build which and foldable design which makes it more functional than other products in the same category.
It is very easy to use the tripod and integrated selfie stick. It takes a few servings to transform the bottom part of the selfie stick into the tripod. The stick is engineered in such a way that it can transform into a tripod in just one step. All you have to do gently slide the wireless remote from the stick and you’re done.
The length of the stick varies from 8 inches to 27 inches, so it is perfect for use in a variety of settings. It is also easy quite easy to fold it into a pocket-friendly size which allows you to carry it wherever you go.
Moreover, you can rotate the phone 360 degrees with this product. Simply twist the phone holder into your desired direction and you’re good to go. This product will meet all your demands, whether you want to try taking group photos, video calling or broadcasting.
The Bluetooth remote can be charged using a micro USB cable. It has a built-in 65 mAh battery which allows you to use the product for an extended period of time. The selfie stick is compatible with Apple and Android smartphones, so you can rest assured that it will work with your device.
The maximum range of the wireless remote is 10 meters. This means that you can take photos from up to 10 meters away from the camera without any hitch. Those wide angled selfies will come alive like never before.
The Yoozon selfie stick comes with an 18 months warranty, so you’ll get quality service and memorable experience.
- Lightweight and foldable stick.
- And Integrated tripod makes it easy to take professional photos.
- Can extend up to 26 inches.
- Compact pocket design.
- Allows 360 degrees rotation.
- Buggy units cannot activate the camera shutter button.
- Does not hold the phone in a sturdy manner.
- Does not work with iPhone 8 plus.
- The clamp that holds and mounts the phone is loose.
3. UBeesize Selfie Stick with Portable and Adjustable Camera Stand Holder
- Tripod head made of durable metal which offers precise control.
- The camera interface is the universal 1/4-20 screw that fits most cameras
- Can be used for mini cameras and GoPros.
- 10 inches in height and maximum mountable phone width is 3.75 inches.
- Comes with wireless remote shutter and universal clip.
Small and bendy, The UBeesize selfie stick is one of the best selling products when it comes to phone tripods. It has an upgraded material and structure which delivers enhances performance and unparalleled ease.
It has a height of over 10 inches and boasts of being the tallest phone tripod in the market. As a result, you can use it for a wide range of functions including selfies and group photos, Facetiming, and broadcasting.
It has flexible octopus style legs which are made of thick and sturdy metal ensuring that the product is extremely sturdy and durable. It has a full metal connector which is also reinforced with rubber coating compact foam. The grip, therefore, is not only comfortable and easy on the hands, but can also handle the wear and tear of exploration and travel.
With selfie sticks, there is always the fear of expensive smartphones and camera equipment falling and breaking due to unstable placement. Ubeesize solves this problem by ensuring that the metal ball joint is strong. In fact, it can handle at least 1 kg of phone or camera weight.
It also has a non-slip design which ensures that the heaviest of smartphones are locked well into the position. The stick also comes with non-slip feet which keep it stable even in rough grounds.
The standard ¼ inch adapter screw ensures that cameras like Nikon, Canon, DSLR, and GoPro are also held securely.
The product also comes with a wireless remote control which allows you to take group photos and selfies from up to 30 meters. This makes this product the ideal choice for exploring and vlogging almost any destination. The selfie stick has a universal phone mount adapter which can hold phones up to 3.54 inches wide securely without fear of falling off.
- Securely holds the phone and camera.
- Versatile – can be used with many gadgets.
- Stable and sturdy – can be used on tables, poles, rough terrain, and even hung from trees.
- Comes with a remote camera shutter.
- Flexible and easy to use.
- Ball head grip for the phone holder can become loose.
- Plastic body around the phone is flimsy.
- Some units cracked when the phone was screwed in.
- Battery capacity is low.
4. Perfectday Pocket-size Foldable and Extendable Bluetooth Selfie Stick
- Built-in Bluetooth remote control.
- The mount at the top of the selfie stick can be positioned at any point through a 180-degree arc.
- Black colored body.
- Simple to use can be paired with smartphones using Bluetooth technology.
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee.
This is the best selfie stick for Samsung phones. However, it isn’t limited to just them. PerfectDay has crafted a product that makes it extremely easy to shoot intricate details with your phone camera. One of my favorite features of this product is that it is foldable to such a compact size that you can practically fit it anywhere and take it with you on your escapades.
Not only does it save plenty of space, but it also has a universal plastic adapter that can keep any phone secure, whether it an iPhone or Android smartphone. It is also clutter-free, as it connects with your phone using a Bluetooth connection.
As a result, you no longer have to worry about carrying tonnes of wires to connect your device to the stick. Simply turn on the Bluetooth and you are ready to snap awesome shots. The stick has a powerful Bluetooth adapter that allows it to connect to almost all brands of smartphones.
The system is power efficient and also comes with a remote shutter so you operate your phone mounted on the stick very easily. Since no special skills or installation is needed to operate the stick, it is very easy to use. You are ready to shoot amazing photos just as soon as get the selfie stick out of the box.
With an adjustable mount holder than can turn up to 270 degrees and can be positioned at any point through a 180-degree arc, you can also optimize the precise angle of the photo you are taking. This ensures that all your photos are taken in good lighting every single time.
Therefore, the compact foldable design and ease of use make PerfectDay a travel-worthy selfie stick. It has a superior design that can outclass most branded products and its durable plastic mount comes with 270 degrees for better coverage. The Bluetooth adapter is also powerful enough to operate almost all brands of smartphones quite easily.
- Easy to use.
- Versatile and adjustable.
- Can be paired with any phone.
- A Lifetime guarantee ensures easy to repair.
- Can be rotated 180 degrees.
- The Battery is poor.
- Does not connect with phones when not charging.
- Poor customer service.
5. UBeesize Wireless Selfie Stick Tripod S (Mobile, Camera, GoPro Compatible)
- UBeesize Tripod S is one of the tallest cell phone tripods on the market at 10.6 inch.
- Octopus style legs are made of thicker premium metal and full metal connector, reinforced with coating rubber and compact foam.
- High-grade metal ball joint.
- Wireless remote control.
- Universal Phone Mount Adapter works for smartphones up to 3.54 inches wide.
UBeesize Tripod S was upgraded in 2018 to enhance the performance and durability of the product. Due to the upgrade, the overall defect rate has reduced more than 80 percent and all the products issued by the brand have performed spectacularly. The brand also provides a lifetime guarantee of all its products, including this selfie stick cum tripod.
The product has adjustable octopus style legs which can capture clean shots from almost any orientation. The feet are stable enough to function in any terrain and you can get even the most difficult shots that are usually impossible to get with regular tripods.
The tripod is made of very strong and durable materials like foam and plastic. The ball head is secure enough to keep all your gadgets tightened and safely held in the tripod. Additionally, the no-slip feet are perfect for positioning the tripod almost anywhere. It is quite easy to straighten it since the legs keep a strong hold on the ground.
The tripod is compatible with almost all Android smartphones in the market, and it can be easily used with digital cameras, GoPros, and webcams that are up to 3.75 inches. It also comes with a wireless remote control which allows it to be controlled from up to 30 feet distance.
The tripod is enforced with thick metal legs and has a rubber coating that allows you to easily adjust the angle, bend it and brace the tripod in order to keep it in whatever orientation you desire.
The device works with a variety of iPhone sizes, Samsung Galaxy phones, and other Android smartphone devices. It has an adapter screw which makes it versatile enough to be used with almost all kinds of photography devices.
However, one of the things that I faced the most problem with is that the device is too light and imbalanced to use with heavy equipment. It falls over repeatedly when used with heavy cameras and smartphones. So if you are going to be working with heavy equipment, this may not be the perfect device for you.
- Upgraded in both material and structure.
- Top notch performance.
- Comes with a replacement warranty for 3 years.
- Can handle the wear and tear of everyday use.
- Locks even the heaviest smartphone into position securely.
- Can take photos from up to 30 feet.
- Accessories need to be stronger.
- Replacements are difficult to find.
- Tightening screw for phones is tiny.
- The weight of heavy phones causes it to fall over.
6. BlitzWolf Bluetooth Selfie Stick with Tripod
- 3 in 1 selfie stick tripod with a built-in wireless remote of maximum 10m range.
- Aluminum alloy stick and non-slip foot pad.
- The Internal 65mAh rechargeable lithium battery can capture up to 50000 selfies.
- Three ways to rotate the selfie stick tripod.
- 203 degrees rotation head with an adjustable knob.
- 360 degrees rotatable phone holder.
- 5.22 oz weight, 7.83 in folded size.
- The Extendable length is between 27.5-26.73 inches.
Blitzwolf Selfie Stick Tripod comes with three in one system that lets you get the most out of your device. It comes with a built-in wireless remote that can work up to the range of 10 meters. Now you can take selfies and photos from far away whether you are traveling or taking photos at a family occasion.
Made of aluminum alloy, the selfie stick is extremely durable and comes with a non-slip foot pad that ensures that the tripod is stable when used in that mode. This way you can rest assured that the videos and photos will be taken in a steady manner.
The selfie stick comes with 65 mAh internal battery which can capture up to 50000 photos after a full charge. The selfie stick achieves full charge within 45 minutes of charging. With that much charging, you can keep using it for 24 hours without any hassles. The stick also lasts 3 months in standby mode.
You can rotate the selfie stick in three different ways. The adjustable knob turns the head 203 degrees, the phone holder can turn 360 degrees, and you can also change the orientation from horizontal to vertical and vice versa. Now you can get the best angle for your photo from all sides and make sure all your photos are taken in the best form.
When folded, the stick only measures 7.83 inches. Since it weighs only 5.22 ounces, it is extremely lightweight and easy to carry almost anywhere. You can take it anywhere in your pocket or bag. The extendable length of the stick is 27.5 inches and you can also shorten it for more intimate photos.
The phone holder is 3.5 to 6 inches. The size variation ensures that you can fit in almost any kind of phone in the stick, whether it is an iPhone or Android smartphone. Moreover, since it is made of aluminum alloy, the selfie stick is resistant to corrosion and light, so it will stay with you for a long time.
It also comes with 18 months seller warranty and lifetime customer support.
- Tripod is stable enough to record video or facetime.
- Fully charged battery within 30-45 minutes.
- Short as well as long lengths available.
- Light and resistant to corrosion.
- Phone can be rotated horizontally and vertically.
- 3 months of standby time.
- Remote is attached in the selfie stick and is not independent.
- Tightening screw for the phone is not up to the mark.
- Poor battery time.
7. JETech Battery-Free Selfie Stick
- Plug-and-Play, battery-free, apps free for Apple products.
- Compatibility for Android smartphones variable.
- Can be extended up to 28.7 inches.
- Adjustable phone holder and can be rotated in any direction.
- Can be used for selfies and group shots.
JETech has introduced a professional selfie stick which is simple enough to be used by a child even. The very first thing to be considered is that it is a plug and play design. You do not have to install any special apps to use the selfie stick. It is compatible with Apple products as well as Android smartphones. However, with Android, a camera app needs to be downloaded.
It is extremely easy to use the device. Just a few steps and you are good to go. The phone holder is customizable and good enough to hold smartphones of a variety of sizes. Once you have inserted the phone into the holder, all you have to do is plug the cable into the audio jack. Extend the stick and press the button to take a photo. No need to connect with wifi or Bluetooth, the stick follows a simple mechanism and takes stunning photos with it.
The selfie stick can be extended up to 28.7 inches. You can take wide-angled photos, panoramas, and large group selfies very easily with this length. What’s more, the adjustable phone holder allows rotations for taking photos to form different shooting angles. Whether it is a selfie or a crowd shot, this device makes it very easy to do it all.
It is also used without any batteries. Now you do not have to worry about charging yet another device when you are traveling. With the number of gadgets that need to be charged these days, it is truly a relief to have something that works without a battery.
Get the JETech battery-free selfie stick if you are looking for a budget option that is sturdy and can be used without any of the hassles that come with Bluetooth enabled and battery powered devices. If you are someone who uses a device which doesn’t have a headphone jack, you might want to buy the connectors to be able to use the device.
- No need to install any apps, the selfie stick is plug and play.
- Can be extended to nearly 30 inches.
- Random rotations of smartphone allowed.
- There is no battery, and it does not need to be charged.
- Uses audio cable for clicking pictures.
- For Android smartphones, setup is needed.
- Clasp for holding the phone is faulty in some units, you can return it if yours is faulty.
- Not ideal for large screen phones.
- Made of flimsy material.
8. Erligpowht Extendable Selfie Stick
- 2 in 1 selfie stick tripod with a built-in wireless remote with a maximum range up to 33 feet.
- Can be extended between 7.9 – 27 inches.
- 225-degree rotation head with an adjustable knob.
- 360-degree rotatable phone holder.
- Metal material selfie stick tripod.
- 30 days money back, 18 months warranty and lifetime customer service.
The two in one selfie stick tripod mount by Erligpowht allows excellent photography, whether you are taking selfies or group photos. Experience truly hands-free photography with a built-in wireless remote that allows you to take photos from up to 33 feet away.
The extendable selfie stick is functional between 7.9 inches and 27 inches. It is perfectly workable for photography, business, facetime and more. The stick has a compact and portable design which makes it easy to take it almost anywhere. It is also lighter and more functional than regular selfie sticks.
The phone holder of the stick can be rotated 225 degrees and the adjustable knob makes it easy to turn it into any orientation. The stick also comes with a 360 rotatable phone holder so that you can take photos from any angle. It has a built-in tripod stand to ensure all your photos are taken with steady equipment.
The selfie stick can be used in two modes. The handheld mode is ideal for taking photos with your smartphone. The good quality grip and ergonomic design make it extremely easy to use this mode. On the other hand, tripod stand mode provides secure photography with its non-slip foot pads.
You can use it for holding any phone that is anywhere between 1.69 and 3.15 inches wide. You can also rotate it and use it for selecting horizontal or vertical camera mode. What’s more, the phone holder is very easy to twist and turn in order to achieve the desired angle for photos, calls, and broadcasts.
The stick is extremely easy to use and ready to go as soon as you get it out of the box. Just turn on the shutter and connect it to your phone once it enters pairing mode. You will know pairing mode is one because the LED will start flashing.
The selfie stick cum tripod is widely compatible with most smartphones in the market, like iPhone X, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, S8, S8 Plus, S7, Note 8, Huawei and more.
- Can be used for phones as well as cameras.
- Works as a selfie stick as well as a tripod.
- Extendable and easily foldable.
- Phone can be rotated 360 degrees.
- Compatible with a wide range of phones including iPhones.
- Comes with 30 days money back guarantee.
- Flimsy structure.
- Does not hold the phone securely.
- Some units do not connect at all.
- Rotation is unstable.
- The Battery is very weak.
9. Best for GoPro: Vicdozia Portable Hand Grip Waterproof Extension Selfie Stick
- Aluminium non-slip handle with wrist strap.
- Weighs only 0.33 pounds and measures 7.5 to 20 inches long when fully extended.
- Convenient twist-lock feature with 3 extendable sections.
- Compatible with all GoPro cameras.
- Limited one-year warranty.
Vicdozia extension selfie stick is perfect for use with GoPro Hero and GoPro mounted cameras. It has a rubber grip that makes it easy to use the stick for a long period of time without irritating the skin of the hand.
But what makes this item worth its price is the fact that it comes completely waterproofed. It has an aluminum constriction which is entirely waterproof, and therefore, it can be used underwater without any worries. It will not show signs of rusting or any other damage even if you use it for a long period of time.
It also comes with a non-slip handle and a wrist strap which further keeps the stick and monopod safe and secure. It is compact enough in size to be carried in a purse or backpack, and it can also easily slip into your pocket. It weighs as little as 0.33 pounds, so you can carry it almost anywhere.
The stick comes with customized, soft and textured rubber on the grip which makes it very easy to hold it without worrying about scratches. It is designed brilliantly to ensure that the grip is palm friendly and is ergonomic in its design. It is comfortable to hold the stick in your grasp even for a long time.
The selfie stick has a convenient twist lock feature which can extend into 3 sections. It is a multipurpose stick that can be used with handheld cameras for static and close up shots, as well as for longer mount pole to capture group selfies from a distance.
The aluminum alloy does more than providing sturdiness and durability to the selfie stick. It also ensures that the frame is lightweight and strong enough to support heavy cameras like GoPros and other similar equipment. The selfie stick can hold these types of equipment with increased stability.
When it comes to underwater function, the stick works smoothly to provide seamless functioning. It can be used for taking underwater photos of corals and sea creatures while remaining at a safe distance from them.
The operation of the stick is extremely easy. Wherever you go, you can take it on your trips. Whether you try hiking or snowboarding, the stick is your ultimate companion for taking memorable photos of all your escapades.
- Compact enough to be carried in a purse.
- Soft rubber grip with a comfortable grasp.
- Comes with a wrist strap.
- Mounts GoPro as easily as phones.
- Can be used underwater.
- The Innertube held only by friction, the camera can easily slip out.
- It can be difficult to fold down after use.
- Poor customer support.
10. Selfie World Professional 10-in-1 Monopod Selfie Stick
- Can extend for 47 inches.
- Designed for all GoPro, action cams, cell phones & digital cameras.
- Quick extend release clips.
- Made from lightweight materials with comfort silicon rubber grip.
- Includes wireless remote-control shutter.
Even with a high-quality camera, it can be impossible to take good photos if you have a less than excellent selfie stick. That is why we recommend using Selfie World 10 in 1 monopod camera stick.
It is light and secure, and perfect for usage while traveling as well as when you are indoors. It is a stable product that provides the quality and security you desire while using a selfie stick with expensive items like GoPro cameras and smartphones.
The sturdy design of the product is one of its most notable features. It has an adjustable length that can be extended anywhere from 15 inches to 47 inches and a lockable shaft that will allow you to use it for taking pictures from almost any angle.
To that end, the Monopod Selfie Stick from Selfie World is a professional grade item that you can use without any worries. It has an advanced 10 in 1 design which also works well with most brands of smartphones. It supports a wide arrange of devices like digital compacts, sports cameras, and most types of GoPro digital cameras with ease.
The brand recommends the use of this product with the following gadgets – GoPro Hero & Session, GoPro Omni VR 360, mini camcorders, Akaso Action cams, sports cameras, digital compacts, iPhones, iPods, Samsung Galaxy cell phones, and Android smartphones.
One of the most notable features of this product is how durable it is. For users who are annoyed by selfie sticks breaking out of nowhere, Selfie World Professional Stick will end your search.
The telescoping shaft is light and durable and if you want you can get a rubber grip handle with a silicone grip that is resistant to water. This will ensure that your skin is not irritated when using the product for an extended period of time, and also makes the design ergonomic.
The selfie stick also comes with a nylon bag which keeps it safe and secure in any weather conditions. It also comes with a wireless remote shutter which allows you to control your smartphone from a distance. The package includes GoPro mount, screw and phone attachment, carabiner, nylon carry case with long shoulder strap.
- Ideal for telescoping, handheld, and pole extending for high-quality HD photos and videos.
- Can be used with any photography device.
- No accessories needed.
- Works with GoPro cameras too.
- No need to fiddle with screw adjustments, easy to use quick release clasps ensure extension to any length in a smart and easy way.
- Sturdy and solid build.
- Does not come with a tripod.
- Phone adjustability is limited.
- The Phone holder is not secure.
Selfie Stick Buyer’s Guide
With the wide range of products available in the market right now, it can be confusing to decide what you should buy. This is why we have curated this list of what needs to be considered before clicking on that order button. Here are the important factors you should consider before buying a selfie stick:
1. Phone/Device Compatibility
It is very important to consider the compatibility of your device before buying a selfie stick. If you own an iPhone 7, 8 or X model, this is doubly important because some sticks use a headphone jack adaptor to take photos, and you will need a lightning to headphone jack adaptor to make these devices work for you.
If you are looking for a selfie stick that can go with your GoPro, make sure you look for something that comes with a mount adapter, otherwise you may have to buy one separately.
One of the most common types of clamps is a rubberized one that firmly holds onto your phone. If you have a device that has an immersive edge to edge screen, you may want to reconsider buying a stick with this kind of mount.
You should also consider the rotation and swivel factor of the clamp. Most of them can rotate up to 180 degrees, which should be fine for taking selfies from almost any angle and orientation.
2. Size of Clamp and Extendible Length of Stick
Most selfie sticks come with an adjustable mount that will change its width according to the device you are using. Just make sure that you read the description well in order to ensure that the clamp fits and is compatible with your device.
The extendable length of the stick is a non-negotiable factor as there is no point in buying a stick if you cannot get your desired shot with it. Before you make your purchase, it is absolutely essential that you determine the length you need. We recommend getting a stick that is at least 30 inches long.
You should make sure that the grip of the selfie stick is comfortable and has a non-slip design. This will ensure that you can use it for a prolonged period of time without any irritation.
4. Weight and Portability
You also need to ensure that the device is light and small enough to be carried around almost anywhere. Most selfie sticks can be reduced to a length of 8 inches, and that is good enough in most cases.
But you can also look for products that are even shorter, so you can easily fit it into your pocket, purse or bag. The portability factor is especially important for bloggers and travelers who often need to pack well in order to get all their stuff in a smaller number of bags.
If you are not a frequent traveler, even then you should consider the collapsible size of the selfie stick. Trust me when I say that it gets tiring soon enough to lug around a giant stick, even if you are in the house and trying to enjoy a family function.
When it comes to the weight of the stick, people often forget how important it is to not get a device you cannot hold for a prolonged period of time without hurting your arm. It takes time to find the perfect angle and orientation for your photos, so keep the weight in mind when clicking on that order button.
A selfie stick is more than just a metal rod you can use for taking photos. It is also a remote control which can be used for controlling the device and snapping a picture wirelessly. In order for your device to perform these functions, it needs to be connected to the selfie stick. This connection can be achieved in two ways.
A Bluetooth compatible selfie stick will pair with your phone using the technology and then you can slide the phone in and press the button on the stick to click a photo. This is a high tech version for connection and it requires battery power. These types of selfie sticks come with a micro USB port for charging them and need to be charged quite often to click photos.
Another way to click photos wirelessly is to use an audio headphone jack. Just plug it into your smartphone and you are good to go. There is no need to charge the battery or pair your phone with the stick. The camera button on the stick is good enough for taking photos.
There is, however, a downside to this. The cable option does not allow you to record audio when using it with a selfie stick. We would still recommend a selfie stick that uses this method because it’s generally a hassle to remember to charge your selfie stick and the battery life is often very poor.
The third kind of selfie stick is that which comes with wireless remote control. These devices use a fob or remote to click pictures. You can buy this kind if you don’t want to rely on the audio headphone jack.
6. Build Quality
The build quality of your selfie stick is obviously one of the most important factors. Since these are going to be used for holding expensive devices such as smartphones and cameras, they should be built with sturdy and durable material that can ensure their safety. You don’t want to end up with a cracked, or worse, lose your device altogether.
You should also think about the durability of this device. Other factors that should be considered include the looks of the selfie stick, whether it comes in different colors that will match your smartphone etc.
If you are a travel blogger or someone who goes to new places a lot and have an exploratory nature, you should consider investing in a waterproof selfie stick. This will ensure that you will prevent any accidental water damage to the device.
You can also use a waterproof selfie stick for underwater use and taking pictures of fish and corals without getting too close to anything.
One of the last things to consider before getting a selfie stick is all the added accessories. These include mirrors and flip locks. One of the most useful features is the mirror. It allows you to use the rear-view camera of your phone so that you can take high-resolution photos.
With the mirror feature, you can load your smartphone in the backward position and use the mirror to take photos. Accessory mirrors are also attached with some selfie sticks which allows you to see the camera app. You can also get a selfie stick that comes with zoom and focuses controls built right into the handle.
After you have established what features you want, the next step is to find the best device within your budget. Selfie sticks are available in all budgets, so you can probably get a device in your range, no matter how low it is. However, we recommend spending your money on a quality selfie stick that can hold your phone securely. Instead of getting a cheap stick that will ultimately end up damaging your phone, you should invest in a sturdy device.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which selfie stick is the best to buy?
Here are the best selfie sticks you can buy:
- Fugetek Ft 568 – the most secure
- Can securely hold almost any phone, including heavy phones like iPhone 6 Plus.
- Easy to use Bluetooth remote.
- Can extend to 49 inches.
- The biggest problem of this selfie stick is its portability. Even collapsed, it is 18.5 inches in length.
- Comes with a carrying case to make up for the portability issues.
- Vicdozia 19 inch – Best for GoPros
- 19 inch in length and secure enough to hold GoPro cameras.
- Highly portable in design, as it weighs only 5.3 ounces and can be collapsed to 7.25 inches.
- Tough enough to withstand vigorous shaking.
- Waterproof rubber handle and as a very secure pole.
- Does not come with Bluetooth remote or wireless compatible.
- Manual click of camera button of GoPro needs to be done for taking photos.
- Selfie World – the most premium
- Easy to set up and has a lightweight design.
- The material quality is not that great.
- It can extend to 32 inches.
- Weighs only 4.5 ounces and can be collapsed to 8 inches.
- Yoozon – the best overall
- Handy and easy-to-use Bluetooth remote.
- Remote fits into the handle easily.
- Can be charged in under an hour.
- Sophisticated and clean appearance.
- Weighs only 4 ounces
- Can collapse to 10 inches, therefore, highly portable.
- Can extend to 28.7 inches.
- Not sturdy enough for vigorous shaking
2. What is the best selfie stick for iPhone?
Here are the best selfie sticks for iPhones:
- Mpow Selfie Stick
- Light, compact and easy to carry for increased portability.
- Highly adjustable.
- Great battery life.
- Stellar performance by the Bluetooth remote control.
- The Excellent grip that prevents slippage.
- Comes with an 18-month warranty and 45 days money back guarantee.
- Yoozon Selfie Stick
- Can be used with iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, and 7 Plus
- Very handy and easy to use
- Can rotate three ways
- Great battery life
- The Good grip that prevents slippage
- Lightweight and foldable
- Selfie World
- Fast wireless connection
- Zero shutter lag
- Low battery consumption
- The 3-sided mount which secures any phone
- 5-in-1 features
- Compatible with iPhone X, 8, 7, 6, 5
- Extends to a huge 32 inches
- Made up of the highest quality material to ensure durability and strength
- Can be twisted to any shape with 360-degree flexibility
- Has a self-timer that is compatible with iOS devices
- Can support iPad and mini cell phones
3. How do I choose a selfie stick?
Here are the factors you should consider before buying a selfie stick, we’ve mentioned all this in our Selfie Stick buying guide above:
- Compatibility with your phone or device
- Size of the clamp and the extendible length of the stick
- The Grip of the stick
- Portability of the stick
- Whether the stick is wired or wireless
- Weight of the stick
- Whether it is a waterproof device
- What your budget is
4. What is the best selfie stick with Tripod?
Here are the best selfie sticks with a tripod:
- Aokely Bluetooth Selfie Stick: Can rotate up to 360 degrees, user-friendly, totally adjustable, The remote control is added, 18-month warranty.
- POSUNITECH Leather Selfie stick: wireless selfie stick, made with premium quality aluminum and leather, comes with an LED ring light.
- BlitzWolf Selfie Stick Tripod: Affordable price, comes with remote control, lightweight, made with aluminum and has a non-slip grip
- LifeStyle Designs Premium HD RUGGED Selfie Stick: Carefully designed for rugged use, comes with remote control, heavy duty and durable, comes with a warranty
- COMAN MT50 Selfie Stick Tripod: made of aluminum, rotatable, can be transformed into tripod easily, comes with a remote control, and a lifetime warranty
5. Where are selfie sticks banned?
There are some places in the world where selfie sticks are banned:
- Disneyland at California, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Disney World parks, Disney Quest, Disney Sea, and all Disney water parks.
- Universal Studios – Japan
- Colosseum, Rome
- Several places in London including museums, sites, and galleries, Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London, the National Gallery, inside Buckingham Palace, the Roundhouse, St. Paul’s Cathedral, and Royal Opera House.
- Other places in England such as O2 Arena, Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Wembley stadiums, Wimbledon.
- France – Versailles, Pompidou, Sacré-Cœur basilica.
- Austria’s Albertina art museum.
- Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.
- New York City – the Met, the MOMA, Brooklyn Museum, Cooper Hewitt Museum, Guggenheim Museum, the Frick, the Whitney, and American Museum of Natural History.
- Australia – Suncorp Stadium in Queensland. Perth Arena, National Gallery of Victoria, Sydney Opera House and National Portrait Gallery in Canberra.
6. How much does a selfie stick weigh?
Selfie stick weight is variable. It can weigh anywhere from less than a pound to a few pounds.
7. Are selfie sticks still popular?
Here are the reasons why selfie sticks are still popular:
- You can get multiple people in one shot.
- You can capture background scenery when you are traveling scenic location.
- You do not have to bother strangers to take photos for you.
- You can capture creative viewpoints.
8. What is the best Bluetooth selfie stick?
- Anker Extendable Wired Handheld Monopod Selfie Stick
- MPOW Bluetooth Stick
- Fugetek F-568 Professional High-End Alloy Selfie Stick
- PerfectDay Self Portrait Monopod
- Kungurian Bluetooth Selfie Stick
9. Are selfie sticks compatible with all phones?
All selfie sticks are not compatible with all phones. You must check the specifications of the stick before you buy it to ensure that it fits with your device.
There is a huge variety of selfie sticks available in the market, but the above-mentioned products define the best of the best.
Mpow selfie stick comes with a matte surface, soft touch grip, and 270 degrees rotation. Yoozon Selfie Stick Tripod is adjustable in 360-degree directions and comes with a built-in 65 mAh battery. Both these products are easy to use and provide excellent service for a prolonged period of time.
UBeesize Selfie Stick with Portable and Adjustable Camera Stand Holder delivers enhanced performance and unparalleled ease of clicking pictures. It has flexible octopus style legs which are made of thick and sturdy metal ensuring that the product is extremely sturdy and durable.
Perfectday Foldable Extendable Bluetooth Selfie Stick is very simple to use and is foldable to such a compact size that you can practically fit it anywhere and take it with you on your escapades. The system is power efficient and also comes with a remote shutter so you operate your phone mounted on the stick very easily.
BlitzWolf Bluetooth Selfie Stick Tripod can be rotated three different ways and comes with a wireless remote. JETech Battery Free Selfie Stick is simply plug and play. Erligpowht Extendable Selfie Stick offers 225-degree rotation and 360°rotatable phone holder.
Other brands like Vicdozia and Selfie World have also crafted some truly exceptional products.