In a world of mobiles and tablets, portable DVD players may not be the most important device in people’s gadget collection. However, there are still people who have a huge collection of DVDs that they don’t want to go see go to waste and these items are just perfect for that.
Moreover, the portable DVD players can be an excellent source of entertainment especially when there is no internet or Wi-Fi. If your family is going on an extended road trip in the car, you will find that a portable DVD player can keep the kids calm and quiet like nothing else.
Whether you are looking for a DVD player for yourself in order to watch your extensive collection of movies, or simply want to buy one in order to have something to do when flying frequently – there are plenty of products in the market that you can choose from.
Portable movie players are in fact extremely essential for parents of small kids who road trip quite often. Save yourself from hearing constant whining by keeping your kids busy with games, music, and videos by buying a portable DVD player.
You no longer have to dread long journeys with your kids. These DVD players are meant exactly for keeping kids occupied while you enjoy the road trip.
It isn’t just an entertainment source for kids, but also for the seniors at home. Do you have elderly people at home who are interested in watching old movies? What else could entertain them like a portable DVD player?
We have curated a list of the best portable DVD players in the market right now, along with their features and pros and cons. It’s not just a curated list, it has detailed product reviews which will help you understand more about that particular model. Take a look before deciding what you should buy.
1. DBPOWER 10.5″ Portable DVD Player
- 2,500mAH rechargeable lithium batteries can be powered by your car charger or AC adapter.
- Supports direct play of CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, SVCD using 32GB USB and SD cards for playing MP3/WMA/WAV, JPEG, MPEG2/AVI/DivX.
- 10. 5-Inch 1024*600 swivel screen with 270-degree rotation and 180 degrees flip.
- AV output allow it to be connected to a TV
- Break-point memory function.
The DBPOWER Portable DVD Player allows you to watch movies for a long period of time without any break because of its rechargeable dual batteries. The player can work for up to 24 hours without charging and you can also use a car charger or AC adaptor to charge it. Now use your DVD player anytime anywhere. It has powerful system support so that you can recharge the high capacity battery with any time, anywhere.
The DVD player also supports a large variety of formats including USB and SD cards. Now you can play media in almost every format without going through the hassle of converting them from one format to another.
The 10.5-inch screen can be swiveled in any direction. It has a 270-degree rotation and you can also flip it to 180 degrees so that you can watch your videos in whatever angle you prefer. When you are on road trips, you can also attach the swivel screen to the headrest in order to optimize the viewing angle according to your convenience.
The AV output allows you to connect the player to a TV so that you can watch your favorite movies and videos on a bigger screen. Moreover, you can use an AV to AV cable so that the same movie can be played on different players at the same time.
With the point break memory function, you can also simply continue the movie or video from where you left. Now you don’t have to start the films and videos over again after shutting them down once.
With dual, speakers the DVD player offers louder volume than ever before. It also supports DVDs from different countries so you can travel with this device without any worries. However, if the already existing speakers aren’t loud enough, you can connect it with other speakers.
Just turn the last memory function to on when you are setting up your DVD Player and the video will pick up from where you left at the last time.
- 2 batteries provide long runtime.
- USB and SD cards are supported.
- Swivel screen comes with wide angle turning.
- Can be used with a big screen.
- Point break feature allows you to start off where you left.
- The material is cheap and flimsy.
- Some units stop working after awhile.
2. Sylvania SDVD7027-C-Gold 7″ – Best Player For Your Car
- Widescreen, colored 7 inch TFT -LCD display which swivels up to 180 degrees
- Plays DVD, DVD+/-RW, CD, CD-R/RW formats along with MP3 music burned onto CD-R/RW and JPEG photos burned onto CD-R/RW
- USB and SD memory card slot available.
- The package includes AC power adapter, vehicle power adapter, A/V cable, carrying bag, remote control.
- Comes with a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery and built-in stereo speakers.
- Car Mount Straps, AC power adapter, vehicle power adapter, remote control, stereo earphones are also included.
The brand, Sylvania has proved itself to be one of the leaders when it comes to portable DVD players and this swivel screen DVD player is no exception. The product proves why the brand has become a household name when it comes to this particular product.
The Sylvania Dvd Player has a colored TFT LCD display which is 7 inches in size and supports a large variety of formats in which you can play your videos without converting. The player also has a USB and SD memory card slot in order to play MP3 music or the display photos.
With this, you can use your DVD player to do much more than just playing videos.
The device comes with an AC power adaptor, a power adaptor, a carry bag, and remote control. You can start using the player right out of the box with ease. The remote control allows it to be controlled from a distance so you don’t have to get up every time you need to change something.
It comes with a rechargeable Lithium polymer battery which is powerful enough to last a long time. You can go on those road trips now without worrying about the entertainment aspect.
Moreover, the device also has built-in stereo speakers which produce crystal clear and immersive audio so that you can experience your movies and videos with exceptional audio and video quality.
The device also comes with a car mount strap so that you can fix it inside your car when going on the road trips. The car straps are sturdy and you can rest assured that the DVD player will be safe and secure with these mounts even when traveling on a rough road.
The portable DVD player makes road trips easier than ever and you will be amazed at how fun it can be to watch a movie when you are in a car.
- Wide, vibrantly coloured screen.
- USB and SD card slot available.
- Photos can be viewed and music can be played.
- Comes with secure mount straps.
- Comes with multiple power adapters.
- The plastic hinge is not sturdy.
- The material looks and feels cheap.
3. ieGeek 11.5″ – Bes Portable DVD Player For Kids
- 2500 mAH battery with 5 hours lasting time.
- High power speakers with 3.5 mm earphone jack.
- Supported Formats: CD, DVD, DVD+R(-R), DVD+RW(-RW), VCD, SVCD-R(RW), CD-R(RW) from 6 regions.
- Supports multi-media files via USB and SD Card (16-32GB), such as VOB, AVI, MPEG, MP3, WMA, JPEG.
- HD Eye-protective screen.
- Special anti-shock protection.
The ieGeek portable DVD player has a compact design which makes it very easy to carry the device when traveling. Now you can add tons of fun to your road trip and keep entertainment handy for kids. Road trips and traveling was never as fun as it is with this product.
The DVD player has a swivel screen which can be turned up to 270 degrees to 180 degrees. Easy viewing from every angle is possible now. Since the screen is LCD, you can rest assured that the images will be crisp and sharp. It is also big enough to make watching movies and videos an immersive experience.
The device has two crystal clear, large speakers which provide louder and clearer sound. You can also use your earphones with the standard 3.5 mm jack. Multiple listening options are now available with the DVD player.
You do not have to worry about converting formats anymore, as the player supports a large variety of formats. You can also travel to foreign countries without worrying about regional changes as the player supports multiple region formats. JPEG and MP3 formats are also compatible, so you can view photos and also listen to music on this versatile device.
The rechargeable battery is large enough to last for at least 5 hours so that you can conduct long car trips without worrying about charging. But if you do need to charge, the player is compatible with car charger included in the package. The battery and power adapters use 110V and are certified with UL safety standards.
ieGeek has produced a truly versatile device because the player also supports video games besides videos and movies. There is a game link which offers 180 retro games which can be used to keep your little ones busy during those long journeys and car trips.
The player can be connected with TVs using an AV to RCA cable which is included in the package. You can use this cable to transfer your videos to a bigger screen. Moreover, you can further attach two big screen with an AV to AV cable in order to play the video on two screens.
- 180 retro games can be used to keep kids busy.
- Resume function is convenient.
- Uninterrupted viewing experience with large batteries.
- Extra power adapters included in the package.
- Large speakers provide immersive and clear sound.
- Screen smaller than advertised in some units.
- Remote doesn’t work with some units.
4. Sylvania Swivel Screen – Portable Dvd Player with Large Screen
- 15.6-Inch Portable DVD Player with USB & SD Card Reader
- The screen features 270 degrees of rotation.
- Anti-shock protection.
- Dual stereo speakers with full range.
- Rechargeable battery with 5 hours playback time.
- Fully functioning remote control, car charger, adapter, and earbuds.
Sylvania Portable DVD Player can play back formats like Include DVD, CD, EVD, VCD, CD-RW, DVD-R, VOB, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG3, MPEG4, DIVX, MP3, WMA, JPG and JPEG without a hitch. Now you don’t have to worry about changing formats while using your DVD player.
The player has a large 15.6-inch immersive screen that will bring videos and movies to life. Watch films in their original format without any cropping. The LCD screen ensures that you get crisp and sharp colors every time.
The DVD player has an anti-shock system in order to make sure that there is no damage to the device when traveling. Even on rough and rocky terrain, you will feel nothing and seamless, smooth playback is guaranteed.
The screen of the player has a swivel design which allows you to change the angle of viewing according to your preference. This is especially helpful when traveling in a car so that you can adjust the screen according to your comfort. Now you can watch your favorite movies in whatever way you prefer.
The player also supports USB and SD card slots. You can use it to view photos as well as listen to music files on your card. Make your trips more fun with the use of this multifunctional device.
If you are traveling at night and do not want to disturb your fellow passengers, you can simply plug in your headphones in the 3.5 mm jack and watch your movies in privacy without bothering anyone. The device also has an AV input jack which ensures that you can transport the videos to a bigger screen, like your TV.
The full package consists of the DVD player, remote control for faraway access, cigarette lighter adapter, AC/DC power adapter, earphones, and AV cable.
- The 15-inch screen is immersive and crisp.
- Antishock system ensures smooth playback.
- Swivel design is seamless.
- USB and SD card slot available.
- Rechargeable battery with 2.5 hours playback.
- Some units show the flickering of pictures at odd hours.
- Bad customer service.
- Product material is not sturdy or durable.
- Slightly expensive.
5. DBPOWER Portable DVD Player with 9.5″ Swivel Screen
- 2500 mAH battery offering 5 hours playback.
- Car charger, AC power adapter included.
- Formats supported – CD,DVD,CD-R/RW,DVD-R/+R,DVD+RW/-RW, VCD,SVCD.
- It is region free and supports 32GB USB and SD card.
- 9.5-inch swivel screen with 270 degrees rotation and 180 degrees flip.
- AV output is available.
- Most suitable for car headrest
- Supports break-point memory function.
With over 5 years of experience in developing DVD players, DBPOWER has made its name as one of the best companies for these products. Enjoy constant upgrading, excellent hardware, seamless firmware, and flawless playback with DBPOWER.
Every time you close your DVD player, you worry that the next time, the movie will start from the beginning again and you will have to go through the hassle of fast forwarding again. Well, worry no more. The DBPOWER DVD player comes with point-break memory function which starts the film from where you left it last. Just set the Last Memory function to on and you are good to go.
The device comes with direct play function for USB and SD cards. It also supports slideshow of photos as well as music files supporting MP3 and WMA file formats. Now use your DVD player for so much more than just playing videos and films.
The region free player supports a wide range of formats so that you can play almost any kind of video without worrying about conversions of files. You can also take it abroad with you as the player comes in a region free format so that you can play files from any country.
The DVD player supports 3 kinds of power systems so you do not have to worry about battery power when you are traveling. The 5-hour rechargeable battery ensures seamless backup for long periods of time, so you can travel hassle-free and stress-free.
Moreover, the player also comes with a car charger so you can juice up the battery even when you do run out of power. Now enjoy lasting playback without any interruptions.
For people who want to play videos on a larger screen or even on multiple screens, the device comes with an AV to AV mode. You can switch one of the screens to your TV or even attach the TV to another screen with an AV cable.
- AV to AV mode allows multiple screen playback.
- 5-hour battery power.
- SD cards and USB cards supported.
- Point break memory function ensures seamless playback.
- Sophisticated looks.
- Units break down after one year of use.
- Material is not durable and sturdy.
- Charging depletes quickly.
6. Pyle 15-Inch Portable DVD Player
- Dual full range stereo speakers.
- Multi-Language support.
- Anti-shock feature integrated.
- Supports audio files, images, and videos.
- The screen shows 270-degree rotation.
- USB as well as SD card support.
Pyle DVD Player for a car is a lightweight entertainment system which is compact and easy to carry. It was never so easy before to plan road trips that would be fun and entertaining. With this portable DVD player, you can rest assured that your journey will never be boring.
The device comes with a built-in rechargeable battery which ensures flawless and seamless playback. Since the size of the DVD player is so compact, it can fit easily in backpacks and luggage bags. Carry the DVD player with you to make sure your journey is packed with adventure.
The DVD player has a versatile media file support that not only plays videos flawlessly but can also be used to display images as well as play music from the media library of your computer. Therefore, this versatile device packs a punch of entertainment in a compact package.
The DVD player has a folding display monitor which is very convenient for carrying in a backpack. The monitor also has a swivel adjustable design which allows you to adjust the angle of viewing according to your preference. The player has a button control center for controlling all its functions, as well as a top-loading disc tray which makes it very easy to use.
You can also use a USB flash memory stick with this device, or even an SD memory card. Whatever your media is on, the portable DVD player is compatible with almost all formats.
Moreover, it has a pair of full range stereo speakers that provide immersive and crystal clear sound so that your viewing experience is top-notch every single time. If you don’t want to disturb the people next to you, you can also use the headphone jack.
The package also comes with remote control with which you can control all the functions without even moving. It also has a multi-language menu which makes it easy to use by a wide range of people.
The package includes a car powered AC adaptor for charging the player when you are traveling. Anti-shock playback is integrated to ensure smooth playback and to avoid any skips.
- 7-inch LCD screen.
- Compact design which is easy to carry.
- Swivel rotating screen ensures optimum viewing angle.
- Sophisticated and clean looks.
- Supports USB and SD cards.
- Some units don’t play video files from USB or SD card.
- Poor customer support.
- Freezing happens too often with large video files.
7. DR. J Professional 11.5″ Portable DVD Player
- 3000 mAH battery.
- 9.5-inch 270-degree swivel screen with 180-degree flip design.
- Supports multiple media formats like CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD to SVCD along with USB and SD cards.
- AV IN and AV OUT ports.
- Breakpoint memory function.
- Audio jack for headphone usage.
Enjoy unstoppable entertainment with Dr. J Professional Portable DVD player which comes with a 3000 mAH capacity rechargeable battery. The player is capable of streaming videos and movies up to 5 hours so that you can enjoy seamless playback during road trips and long journeys.
The player also comes with a 5.9-foot car and AC adaptor which ensures that you can charge it easily when you run out of juice. Now enjoy your movies and videos anytime anywhere without worrying about recharging the battery.
The 9.5-inch flexible screen allows to 270-degree rotation and 180-degree sleep function so that you can change the viewing angle according to your preference. This feature is especially helpful when traveling in a car where you need to adjust the screen according to your sitting position.
The player can also be attached to the headrest of your car seat so that you don’t have to keep it in your lap or hold It. For people who are buying the device for young kids, this can be a life-saving feature. Now enjoy the smooth and flawless playback of your favorite movies on road trips. No more worrying about the endless boring hours on the road.
The device supports direct play from a large array of formats. You don’t have to worry about converting video files from one format to another. You can also play music as well as display pictures on this versatile video player.
If you want to use your DVD player to connect with a larger screen, you can do so via the AV output ports. You can play your videos on more than one screen with this function. An audio jack is also available if you want to plug in your headphones for a more immersive audiovisual experience.
The breakpoint memory function allows you to pick up your videos from where you left them the last time without going through the hassle of skipping to your desired point every single time.
The package will include an AV cable, remote control, a power adaptor, a car charger and user manual along with the DVD player.
- Long lasting battery.
- Long wires of the car charger and AC adapter.
- Swivel screen for customized viewing.
- USB and SD card slots.
- Seamless playback starts right from where you left it the last time.
- Picture quality is not excellent.
- Poor customer support.
- No disc error happens quite often.
8. UEME Portable DVD CD Player with 10.1 Inches LCD Screen
- 10.1 inches TFT LCD screen with HD 1024 x 600 resolution.
- Built-in 2 x 1.5 W speakers.
- Compatible with formats DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD, CD-R, HDCD, Music-CD, Audiobook-CD, Mp3-CD, Picture-CD, VCD, EVD, SVCD.
- Power off resume function remembers the point of playback before the shutdown.
- Comes with a car headrest mount holder.
- Can also play the supported multimedia files through the USB port and SD card slot.
UEME has established itself as a trustworthy brand when it comes to manufacturing DVD players. The portable DVD player with a large screen is no exception with its durable build quality and exceptional performance.
The high-quality rechargeable Lithium battery can last for up to 4 to 5 hours so that you can now enjoy seamless entertainment without worrying about charging the DVD player. The product also has a pair of 1.5-watt speakers which produce immersive and clear sound in order to enhance your viewing experience even more.
The portable DVD player large screen is one of its biggest selling points. The screen size is 10 inches and it produces sharp and clear pictures because of LCD technology. It also provides high resolution with videos as well as movies.
The product comes with a wall charger and a car charger so that you can charge it easily when the juice runs out. The dual chargers make it ideal for usage at home as well as while traveling for an extended period of time. Simply plug in the car charger in your car and you are good to go.
You can even take the DVD player abroad as it is fully compatible with DVDs and CDs of all formats. Multimedia files stored on the USB stick and an SD card can also be played easily. Moreover, the device is capable of playing audio files as well as showing pictures and slideshows.
It is extremely easy to use. Just switch it on and insert the disc in order to enjoy your favorite videos. You can control the DVD player using buttons as well as a remote. Furthermore, it comes with a headphone jack so that you can view the videos at night without disturbing anyone.
You no longer have to worry about skipping to the point where you last left your video because it comes with a resume function. You just have to enable the last memory function in the setup menu and the disc will automatically play from where it ended last time.
The DVD player is ideal for people who want to use it for their kids because it comes with a headrest mount holder with 2 straps. You can simply buckle it to the headrest of the car seat and rest assured that it won’t move. The screen of the player can also be rotated and flipped so that you can achieve the optimum viewing angle.
The device can be folded easily so that it fits easily into backpacks and luggage. This makes the player extremely portable and easy to carry.
- Compact, portable, easy to carry.
- Comes with headrest support.
- Swivel screen with the flip function.
- Comes with a headphone jack.
- Dual, immersive speakers.
- The remote is faulty.
- Sound quality is not up to the mark.
- Build quality is poor.
- The screen keeps freezing in some units.
9. WONNIE New 9-Inch Portable DVD Player
- Built-in high-capacity 2,500 mAh rechargeable lithium battery.
- 1920 into 1080 resolution 9-inch swivel screen, 270-degree rotation, and 180 degrees flip.
- Supports direct play of CD, DVD ±R/RW, VCD, EVD, DVD-RW, SVCD, CD-R, DVD-R, MP3, WMA, VOB, AVI, MPEG1, XVID, JPEG.
- Comes with AV output.
- The device comes with 12 months warranty.
WONNIE Portable DVD Player can be charged with four power modes so that you always have enough juice to keep your DVD player running. Besides, its 5-hour rechargeable battery, the device also comes with a car adaptor, an AC adaptor, and its own power bank. Now you can travel for extended periods of time without worrying about the battery of your device.
The car charger is 5 foot in length. The cord is, therefore, long enough so that you can charge your device while watching a movie in whatever position you desire. Now you don’t have to change your viewing angle in order to charge the device.
It also comes with a pair of stereo earphones which can be used whenever you want to watch your videos and movies in private. They can also be used when you are watching a movie at night and don’t want to disturb anyone. The headphones provide crystal clear and immersive sound with loud volume.
The DVD player also comes with an HD LCD color display that delivers clear images in high resolution. Now you can watch your films in an immersive manner with vivid colors and adaptive brightness. The LCD display is also good for the eyes as it does not harm them even when the product is used for an extended period of time.
The screen can be rotated 270 to 180 degrees so that you can control the viewing angle of the DVD player according to your convenience.
The device also comes with a point break memory features so that you don’t have to go through the hassle of starting the movie again after you closed it once. Just switch the feature on and the video will start right where you left it the last time.
It is region free so that you can use it even abroad. You can also connect your DVD player to the TV in order to achieve a theatre-like experience and watch the movie with your whole family. Moreover, two DVD players can also be connected with each other using the AV cable.
The device supports almost all kinds of video formats along with USB and SD cards. You can also use it for viewing images and listening to audio files.
The kit is inclusive of a pair of stereo earphones, a backpack, an AC power adaptor, a car charger, an AV cable, remote control, and a user manual.
- Comes with stereo earphones.
- Supports USB and SD cards.
- Cheap price.
- Point break memory feature.
- The LCD display does not harm the eyes.
- Poor customer support.
- Sound quality not up to the mark.
- The Build is not sturdy.
10. SYNAGY 10.1″ Portable DVD Player
- 270 Degree Swivel Screen provides 180-degree rotation to left, 90-degree rotation to right, and 180-degree vertical flip-over to a tablet style.
- Comes with a headrest mount holder.
- Supported formats – CD, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD, S-VCD, MPEG2, AVI, WMA, JPEG, MP3, MPEG2, JPEG, WMA, DIVX, AVI with USB and SD cards.
- Point break memory function.
- Comes with 3 power systems – AC power adapter, car charger, and rechargeable lithium battery,
SYNAGY offers a stunning portable DVD player that has 270-degree swivel screen so that you can watch your favorite movies and videos in whatever position you deem most compatible.
The device comes with 180-degree rotation to the left, 90-degree rotation to the right, and 180 degrees vertical flip over so that you can even use it as a tablet. It is one of the most versatile viewing devices in this category.
Never before has hands free viewing been so comfortable. Use this device for extended journeys with your kids and you will be delighted to see how interested it keeps them. The device also comes with a car mount headrest so that you can secure it at the back of your seat.
The device supports several multimedia formats so that you don’t have to worry about converting videos. You can use the device right out of the box. It also supports viewing of images as well as listening to music besides playing videos
You can also use the portable DVD player for viewing multimedia items on USB flash stick and an SD card. The multifunction device can be used by adults as well as teenagers, children, and toddlers. It has an anti-shock function built-in so that you can experience seamless and flawless playback even when traveling on rough terrain.
Breakpoint memory function ensures that the device will pick up your videos right where you left them the last time now. You don’t have to go through the hassle of starting over your movies and videos over and over again if you don’t finish watching them in one sitting.
The battery allows for 4 hours of playback on a full charge. Now you don’t have to worry about juicing up your device even when you are traveling for a long journey.
- Excellent battery backup.
- Point break memory feature.
- Comes with car mount headrest.
- Can be used as a tablet.
- Can be charged with a car charger.
- Poor customer support.
- Does not come with an earphone jack.
- Poor build quality.
Portable DVD Players – The Buyer’s Guide
With the number of models and features available in the market when it comes to portable DVD players, it can be quite difficult to find something that suits your needs. That is why we have devised this buyers guide to help you in your quest.
We have enumerated several factors you need to consider before clicking on that order button. Make sure you read the guide in its entirety before moving ahead with your purchase.
Things to Consider
1. Screen Size
One of the most important factors to consider when buying a portable DVD player is the size of the screen. You should carefully consider what balance you want to strike between the quality and size of the screen. Usually, a smaller screen means a compromise on quality, but that may not be the case always.
However, a bigger screen is not always better when it comes to a portable DVD player. Remember that you want to be able to use this product in a car as well as carry it easily. If you get a DVD player that is too big, it may restrict portability.
Moreover, there are two different types of screens available in the market from which you have to choose – high definition screen as well as an analog screen. Digital screens with high definition offer a better picture quality than analog screens.
Coming to the size of the screen, a 7-inch screen is usually considered just the right size when it comes to portable DVD players. However, if you are planning on gaming on your DVD player, you may want to get a 10-inch screen.
If you are buying a DVD player for your kids, you should consider the age of the child and what they will be using it for most of the times. Some Portable DVD players also come with a touch screen, however that may not be ideal for small kids.
2. Battery Life
Another important factor to consider is the battery life of the device because it will dictate how often you need to charge it. You can always use the car charger for charging the device, but it will restrict the movement of the DVD player because it will have to be in a specific place and in a specific position in the car in order to connect to the charger.
Most of the DVD players come with a battery that lasts anywhere from 2 to 5 hours and if you are someone who is planning on going on long road trips with your kids, this may not be the best option.
DVD players that need to be connected to the car’s system all the time and do not come with built-in batteries are also available. If you are not against that, you can get one of these items for a very cheap price.
However, if you want to buy a DVD player that comes with its own battery, you should consider buying a system that has at least 5 to 7 hours of battery life. This way, you can watch a full movie and last at least half a day before having to charge your device again.
3. Supported Formats
The formats supported by the player is one of the factors that are often disregarded when buying a portable DVD player. Nowadays you can find versatile and customizable DVD players that can play a variety of formats without any hassle.
If you are buying the player for your kids, keep in mind that sometimes kids may not want to watch just DVDs. They may want to listen to their music, play games or even stream videos on YouTube.
In such cases, it is better to get a DVD player that supports multiple media formats as well as can connect to Wi-Fi. You should also consider USB and SD card support before buying a DVD player. Files stored on these devices can come in quite handy, especially when traveling with kids, so it’s better to get a player that supports these formats.
4. Connectivity & Jacks
If your kids need to connect to the internet in order to watch their favorite shows and movies on Netflix and YouTube, an ordinary DVD player may not cut it for them.
In such cases, you should consider buying a DVD player that comes with Wi-Fi support. These players are usually multi-purpose and can even connect with large screens like TV and laptop in order to stream movies and shows played on streaming platforms like Netflix and YouTube.
You should also consider USB and SD connectivity of the device so that you can connect a flash stick or insert an SD card inside the DVD player to play movies, watch videos or make a slideshow of pictures.
It is always helpful to have a 3.5 mm standard audio jack so that you can just plug in your earbuds when you are in a quiet environment or for watching a movie at night when you don’t want to disturb anyone.
5. Display & Audio Quality
Display quality is one of the most important features to be considered when buying a portable DVD player. A higher pixel quality means that the pictures will be displayed in a more sharp and clear manner.
But it could also mean that the product that you are buying will be much more expensive. Usually, a digital picture quality DVD players are better than their analog counterparts. You should look for a DVD player that provides at least 720p resolution.
When it comes to audio quality, it is important to consider what your player can deliver. Whether you are watching a DVD or listening to music, good sound quality is important for immersive entertainment.
A good quality display and audio system will certainly be more expensive but it will definitely make a difference when watching videos and listening to music in the long run.
It is better to invest in a system that produces fine quality sound and picture instead of settling for a mediocre video player that you will regret buying later.
6. Other features
Other features worth considering are whether your DVD player comes with accessories like brackets, wires, and tuners. These can be extremely helpful in installing the DVD player in your car once you get it out of the box.
Moreover, DVD players that come with an HDMI connection can be easily connected with a high definition TV for better viewing quality and crystal clear sound.
Also, look for AC adaptors and car chargers to be included in the kit so that you don’t have to buy them separately.
If you are tech savvy, you may want to consider buying a DVD player that has Blu-ray compatibility, Wi-Fi features, and touch screen. However, these features may not be so desirable if you are planning to buy a DVD player for your kids.
Budget is one of the most important factors to consider when buying a DVD player. You can go as high as $500 and as low as $50 when buying a portable DVD player.
Ultimately it depends on your preference and what you are going to use it for. If you want to use the player just for video and movie playing from DVDs and CDs, a basic player should be enough for you.
For people with small kids, it is also necessary that you do not invest in an expensive DVD player because kids are likely to roughhouse and damage the product.
If you are planning to use the DVD player for yourself and want a multipurpose player that can connect with Wi-Fi and supports Blu Ray, you will have to invest more. These products are generally connectable with smart TV and are, therefore, quite expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best portable DVD player to buy?
Ans: Depending on several factors carefully considered, we have come to the conclusion that the following are the best portable DVD players.
- NaviSkauto 12.5 inch DVD Player
An exceptional choice for road trips or watching movies at home, this DVD player has the overall best ratings. Its 12.5-inch screen offers immersive viewing and it can swivel up to 270-degrees. A powerful battery that lasts up to five hours, last memory function, USB and SD support, and support for almost every video format make it an obvious choice.
- SYNAGY A10
Weighing slightly over 3 pounds, the DVD player features a 10.1-inch TFT 1024 x 600 resolution display that swivels a full 270 degrees. All types of video formats are supported, and you can also view JPEG photos on the player. The battery lasts nearly 3 hours and USB support is integrated, along with SD card support.
- Sunpin Portable DVD Player
The 9.5-inch TFT LCD screen, support for standard CD/DVD formats, compatible with digital media files from a USB drive or SD card – these are the features that are integrated into this budget player. The dual earphone jack is one of the most unique features – now two people can listen to the media files at the same time with two separate headsets.
- UEME 9 inch Portable DVD Player
UEME has crafted a player that is perfect for keeping your kids busy when traveling. The player comes in two colors blue with the race car design and pink with the princess design. It has a 9-inch screen and a swivel design of 180 degrees. the player can support USB as well as SD card, new can connect it to TV with the help of an AV cable. the product also has a Canvas case which helps in mounting it on a car seat headrest very easily.
- Sylvania 15.6 inch DVD Player
The 15-inch portable DVD player has a laptop-sized immersive screen with 270-degree rotation. The compact player weighs only five pounds and has a battery life of 2.5 hours. It also comes with remote control and a car powered AC adaptor for charging when you are on a road trip. Anti-shock playback ensures there are no skips and a pair of full range stereo speakers provide crisp and clear sound.
- Sylvania 7-inch Portable DVD Player
The rounded look of this DVD player makes it stand out. With a swivel screen, you can change the orientation according to your preferred position. Although the product does not have many extra functions, it makes up for them by its accessible price tag. It also has built-in speakers which provide clear sound and make watching videos immersive.
2. What is the best portable DVD player for kids?
- DBPOWER 10.5-inch swivel screen DVD Player
- Pyle 17.9 inch DVD Player
- ieGeek 11.5 inch Portable DVD Player
- UEME Portable DVD Player
- DBPOWER Portable DVD Player with a 9.5-inch screen
3. What is the biggest portable DVD player?
Sylvania 15.6 inch DVD Player is the biggest when it comes to screen size. It has a laptop sized screen.
4. What is the best car DVD player?
- eRapta Headrest DVD Player: Dual chargers, large screen, versatile, high resolution.
- DDAUTO DDA10D Dual Screen tablet Android DVD Player: Large LCD screen, packed with features, operates wirelessly.
- DBPOWER 9.5 inch Portable DVD player – Built-in battery, 5-hour battery time, swivel screen.
- Rockville RVD721-BK 7” Black Dual DVD Car Headrest: dual monitors, built-in DVD player, games controller, excellent screen resolution, 7-inch screen.
- NAVISKAUTO 10.1 inch Dual Screen DVD Player: 10-inch screen, 5 hours of battery life, dual monitors, wireless remote control
5. What is the best DVD player with WiFI?
Here is a list of the best DVD players with Wi-Fi:
- SONY BDPS3500 BLUE RAY PLAYER WITH WI-FI – all in one entertainment system with options to stream YouTube, Netflix, Playstation games, Amazon, listen to music and watch videos.
- SAMSUNG BD-J5700 WITH WI-FI – turn your TV into smart television and access Facebook, watch your favorite shows, and share content with your laptop, tablet, and phone.
- LG Electronics BP350 – upgrade your DVDs to high definition, access Netflix via WiFi, and stream movies and favorite shows all in one package.
- PANASONIC DMP-BDT360 – faster load time, no buffering, and seamless entertainment in one package with this smart player.
- SPY-MAX BLURAY PLAYER – provides maximum security via a remote-controlled camera you can use to see to keep an eye on your kids. Ensures that you can always watch your living room from a remote location.
6. How much does it cost to install a headrest DVD player?
You can hire a professional installer to install a headrest DVD player. Depending on where you live and who you hire, it can cost you anywhere from $150 to $200.
However, if you want to save money, you can find some do-it-yourself videos and install the headrest yourself. It may take you anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hours to install them and it is not a labor intensive job if you are so inclined.
7. Can portable DVD players play Blu Ray movies?
Yes, there are a number of portable DVD players which can play Blu Ray movies. Here are some of them:
- NAVISKAUTO 10.1 inch Full HD Portable Blu-Ray DVD Player
- Azend Group Corp BDP-M1061 Maxmade Portable 10-Inch Blu-Ray DISC/DVD Player
- Sony BDP-SX910 Portable Blu-ray Player
- Maxmade BDP M1301 13.3 Portable Blu-ray/DVD Disc Player
8. What portable DVD player has the best audio?
The following DVD players have crisp and sharp audio:
- XTRONS 2X 10.1 Inch Twins HD Digital Screen Car Headrest DVD Player
- Ematic Portable DVD Player with 9-inch LCD Swivel Screen
- Sylvania 9-Inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player
- Sylvania SDVD1256 11.6-Inch Portable DVD Player
- Sony BDPSX910 Sony Portable Blu-ray Player
9. Who makes the best portable DVD player?
The following brands make the best portable DVD players:
There are plenty of portable DVD players available in the market that can meet your needs no matter what they are, but the availability of extensive choice can be extremely confusing. Therefore we have devised this buyers’ guide to help you with your purchase.
When it comes to the best DVD players, the name of DB Power cannot be forgotten. These DVD players come with strong batteries, support extensive formats, have swivel screens that can rotate up to 270 degrees, and are integrated with point break memory function which you can use for resuming playback even after closing the video.
Sylvania has also introduced several good DVD players which come with an LCD display that does not harm the eyes of your kids even when they watch movies for an extended period of time. These DVD players also come with an AC power adaptor and a car charger so that you can charge your DVD players even when you are on a road trip.
The portable DVD player by ieGeek also offers some of the best features you can ask for in a device. Besides supporting multimedia files of all formats and having a strong battery life, the device also has an anti-shock protection system so that you don’t have to worry about your videos skipping while traveling. This DVD players also come with an eye protective screen which further ensures that there is no damage to the eye when watching movies.
Another major name that provides excellent products when it comes to portable DVD players is Pyle’s 15 inches portable DVD player which has multi-language support and a pair of full range stereo speakers.
You can also go for Dr. J Professional portable DVD player which comes with a massive 3000 mAH battery and a 9.5-inch screen which allows immersive viewing. This device also has an audio jack which you can use for viewing your videos in private.
In short, there are plenty of choices you can pick from when it comes to this particular gadget. Use our comprehensive guide to finish your quest in a smart and intelligent manner. Happy shopping!