You can buy any dual sim phone, but if you are looking for the best, then you are in the right place. The models in this list have been chosen after testing and reviewing for around 30 days.
Before we begin with the list, we’ll introduce you to what a dual SIM phone is, market demands, things you can do using it, etc. Not Interested? You can jump to the list directly.
With the modern lifestyle where people have to expand their network more and more, DUAL sim smartphones have become an inevitable part of our lives. The phones tend to come with an additional SIM card slot allowing users to manage business as well as personal calls from a single device. Back when the concept was new, it used to be a really cool thing for smartphone makers to announce it during the launch events!
Although the demand for a dual SIM phone isn’t that high in the US like UK and other parts of the world, but this year did see a rise in demand and experts think that it would boom in the coming year i.e. 2020. Another reason for the rise in demand is because, the Network operator that provides good coverage at their home doesn’t provide it at their workplace or vice versa.
Almost most of the popular smartphones come with dual SIM. Gone are the days when you had to carry 2 phones just so you could keep your business and personal networks separate. This is one of the biggest advantages of having a dual sim smartphone, you can assign one number for work and another for friends and family.
- The Best Dual SIM Phones 2020
- 1. Best Dual SIM Phone: Huawei P30 Pro
- 2. Best Premium Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10
- 3. Best For Gaming and Pictures: OnePlus 7 Pro
- 4. Best Value for Money: OnePlus 6T
- 5. Best Budget Dual SIM Phone: Motorola Moto G7 Plus
- 6. iPhone with Dual SIM: Apple iPhone XR
- 7. Best All-Rounder: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- 8. Sony Xperia XZ3 Best For Music Lovers
- 9. Best OnePlus 6T Alternative: Xiaomi Pocophone F1
- 10. Best Value for Money: Asus Zenfone 5Z
- 11. Best for Selfie Lovers: Honor View 20
- Dual SIM Phone – The Buyer’s Guide
The Best Dual SIM Phones 2020
|#||Image||Product Name||Features||Check Price|
|1||Huawei P30 Pro|
|2||Samsung Galaxy S10|
|3||OnePlus 7 Pro|
|5||Motorola Moto G7 Plus|
|6||Apple iPhone XR|
|7||Huawei Mate 20 Pro|
|8||Sony Xperia XZ3|
|9||Xiaomi Pocophone F1|
|10||Asus Zenfone 5Z|
|11||Honor View 20|
Disclaimer: We want to make it clear that there is no sponsorship from any brands for including their smartphone models. However, there are affiliate links which will help us earn a small commission if you make a purchase from them without you paying more for the product.
There used to be times when telephonic calls used to cost huge when people only had landlines and cordless phones at their places. Now, it’s not calling that has gotten cheaper, but it also happens that some carriers such as AT&T, Verizon and Sprint offer cheaper data plans, better-calling plans. With a dual sim device, you can get the best of both worlds. And if you do not want to use two sims, simply leave the slot empty and you are good to go.
To help you in your quest for that perfect device, we have curated the list of the best dual sim smartphones in the market right now. So shall we finally begin with the list?
1. Best Dual SIM Phone: Huawei P30 Pro
- The Huawei P30 Pro is one of the most beautiful phones in existence with its 6.47-inch display and double 3d curved body. It also has OLED dewdrop display and the fingerprint function is hidden within the screen.
- The latest acoustic display technology is fully integrated, along with electromagnetic sound levitation. The phone screen is protected by IP68 water and dust resistance layer. The Huawei P30 Pro comes with a hybrid sim slot that can support two nano sims at a time.
- A 4200 mAH battery is fitted inside, along with innovative Power Saver technology and TUV Safety Certified Huawei 40 Watt Supercharger. Kirin 980 chipset is fitted inside, with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM.
- The phone also has a quad-camera system that includes a SuperZoom Lens, a 40 MP Super Sensing Camera, a 20 MP Ultra Wide Angle Lens, and a Huawei TOF Camera.
The Huawei P30 Pro is a classic beauty that comes with an iconic design. The device is an epitome of elegance with its curved glass body and colors inspired from space and water. This Dual-SIM Huawei smartphone looks almost like a piece of art, all thanks to its brilliantly designed dewdrop display which brings stunning clarity to viewing.
The under the screen fingerprint reader works seamlessly to unlock the phone. There is less than a second delay in unlocking the phone after pressing your thumb to the fingerprint center. It is also designed in such a way that you will find it extremely easy and comfortable to hold it even with one hand.
The latest phone from Huawei comes with an acoustic display technology which increases this phone’s hearing area to the maximum. One of our favorite features is the electromagnetic sound levitation technology which projects sound directly from the display to the ear, instead of a traditional top or bottom speaker. This truly makes the phone feel like a premium piece of technology plucked from the future.
The phone screen is also protected with water and dust resistance technology which protects the phone from any sudden splashes of water.
Experience photography like never before with a quad-camera system. See the world in all its wonderful colors and examine crystal clear details of nature with the advanced periscope telephoto lens, which allows optical zooming previously only seen in DSLR cameras. It has an excellent low light photography, offered by its super spectrum sensor which increases light by 40% even at night. The TOF camera also works to measure the depth of objects with accuracy, allowing portraits that are rendered to perfection.
It comes with an innovative chipset which allows the phone to perform strongly at lower power consumption. With 8GB RAM and 256GB memory storage, this Huawei device is a powerhouse when it comes to performance.
The 4200 mAh battery comes with an intelligent power saver technology which lets you use the phone for an extended period of time with a very little charge. With TUV safety certified supercharge, you can charge the phone up to 70% in just a few minutes – perfect for all those times when you are running late.
2. Best Premium Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10
- 6.1-inch AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 3040 pixels.
- It runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) and is also equipped with octa-core processors that make sure you can run multiple apps without a hitch.
- With 8GB RAM and 128GB memory. The sturdy frame is built of aluminum, and the front and back glass comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. The screen is also protected from dust and water by IP68 resistance.
- The ultrasonic fingerprint sensor is fitted within the screen of the phone, and a 3400 mAH battery makes sure the phone does not run out of juice all day. The triple rear camera has following specs – 12 MP, 12 MP and 16 MP.
- The selfie camera has 10 MP resolution and comes with dual optical image stabilization. The sensors include a proximity sensor, light sensor, barometer, compass. For smooth sailing during playing heavy games, the phone also has a Mali-G76 MP12 GPU.
- The Samsung dual sim phone only weighs 157 grams and is 7.8 mm slim. The hybrid sim slot can hold two nano sims or one nano sim and one memory card at a time.
Moreover, the fingerprint scanner is located underneath the screen so you have to simply touch to unlock the phone. Isn’t this something you first wanted when smartphones with fingerprint were launched?
The rear camera is actually made of 3 different cameras (12MP primary, 12MP telephoto, and 16MP ultrawide sensor). Although it’s just a 12MP sensor, it beats other devices which has much higher megapixels. The 16MP ultrawide sensor of the camera can be used to take cinematic shots of up to 123-degree field. The camera also has an intelligent design which suggests the best composition according to the light and colors, making sure that you get that perfect shot.
The phone also comes with a wireless charging feature, as well as Power share feature so that you can share battery power with another device. The device has intelligent Wi-Fi which makes sure that your connection is stable and secure even on public networks. You can also switch to LTE seamlessly without a hitch.
For gamers, this is a heavenly device as the hardware and software have been designed to ensure that your gaming is always without any lag. The intelligent AI engine from the Snapdragon 855 processor also makes sure you get the most out of your battery life by optimizing your phone for peak performance.
Editor’s Note: A lot of people from the Freedom251 who own the Samsung Galaxy S10 have bought a fitness band or a smartwatch. Want to buy one? Check our guide which has the best smartwatches you shall consider.
3. Best For Gaming and Pictures: OnePlus 7 Pro
- Snapdragon 855 processor with Android 9.0 Pie.
- Display Size: 6.67-inch QHD+ AMOLED Display with 1440 x 3120 pixels resolution.
- Triple Rear Camera: 48MP Main + 16MP Ultra Wide Angle + 8MP Telephoto.
- 16MP front camera.
- 3 RAM sizes – 6, 8 and 12 GB
- Two memory sizes – 128 and 256 GB
- 4,000 mAh battery.
Performance wise, the OnePlus 7 Pro is one of the fastest Android smartphones available in the market. Although, a lot of people who don’t prefer a popup camera wouldn’t like this device, but the Chinese smartphone maker hasn’t launched the OnePlus 7 in the US and that’s why if you want an Android device with stock-like experience then this should be a good choice for you!
The display of this phone is its most beautiful element and enhances the whole experience of using the phone. It is larger, has better resolution, and a refresh rate at 90Hz. The result is that it feels more fluid to use the phone and puts it right next to the best devices offered by Apple and Samsung. Don’t know about refresh rates? You should check out this video on Mark’s Tech.
There is no notch or punch hole, and the front camera pops up when you want to use the front-facing shooter. The bezel-less display also comes with Fluid AMOLED feature which ensures that the visuals look smooth and colors are rich.
The triple-lens camera is definitely more versatile than the predecessors of the phone, and you will notice more details, textures, and colors on the photos. As mentioned in the specs section above, the triple-lens setup includes a 48MP primary camera + 16MP Ultra Wide lens and an 8MP Telephoto lens. The camera also comes with three focus modes and the autofocus feature is also faster and steadier than previous phones.
The front popping camera raised some concerns, but the company showed that not only can it carry over 22 kg weight, but can also retreat back in its shell if you happen to drop the phone. Moreover, the motor of the camera is quite durable. It is said to last for over 16 years. Besides the durability, the 16MP shooter can take vivid selfies.
OnePlus phones have always been known for its power and speed, and the company has raised the bar with this device. Loading time is less with this device, and it is also ridiculously smooth to switch between the apps. Clocking speed is boosted enormously by Snapdragon 855 chipset and makes it one of the fastest Android phones in the market.
The phone has an efficient 10-layer liquid cooling system that prevents it from overheating and CPU/GPU throttling the speed of the chipset. So when you play high-end games like PUBG Mobile, Fortnite or even the upcoming Call of Duty Mobile, the device won’t heat.
The Chinese smartphone has also partnered with Dolby to provide crystal clear sound. There are two stereo speakers which ensure you get three-dimensional output while watching movies and videos which surely is going to make your entertainment experience really wonderful!
There was a post on the OnePlus Forum by Carl Pei, which says that getting the water resistance rating costs money which in return increases the cost of the device, that’s why they didn’t get it rated. However, they’ve posted a video in which they throw the device in a bucket of water and it has survived it.
- Excellent display quality
- Speedy and fast enough for multitasking and heavy gaming
- Charging is super-fast
- UI is easy to learn and friendly
- Audio and sound are terrific
- The Camera is mediocre
- Heavy phone
- Wireless charging is missing
- No headphone jack
4. Best Value for Money: OnePlus 6T
- The stunning 6.41-inches display comes with an even better resolution of 1080×2280 pixels. The screen does not have a bezel either and is equipped with optic AMOLED display. With an aspect ratio of 19:5:9, and a pixel density of 395 PPI, this display is spectacular in colors and clarity.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protects the capacitive touchscreen from accidental damage. It functions on Android version 9.0 (Pie) and is equipped with the power of an Octa-core processor, consisting of two 2.8 and 1.8 GHz, Quad-core, Kryo 385 units.
- With 6 GB RAM and two variants of 128 and 256 GB ROM, the phone is designed to provide lag-free usage for a long time. A Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor ensures glitch-free gaming, even when operating heavy games like PUBG.
- OnePlus 6T Camera is remarkable in its own right, with a dual set of 16 MP and 12 MP cameras. It also has features like Face detection autofocus, Exmor-RS CMOS sensor, Optical Image Stabilisation. The 16 MP front camera is perfect for beautiful selfies and crystal clear video calls.
- A 3700 mAH battery ensures you never run out of juice, and the dual sim smartphone supports two nano sims in both the slots.
The latest flagship device by OnePlus comes with enthralling technology which makes it one of the most coveted phones in the market. OnePlus 6T comes with the fastest in-display fingerprint sensor on any smartphone in the market right now. The cutting edge technology ensures that the phone unlocks as soon as your finger pressed against the sensor, ensuring a seamless experience.
The build and design of the phone are second to none, with the largest display OnePlus has ever created. With a 86% screen to body ratio, you can be sure that you experience full immersion, no matter what you are doing. The glass back of the phone is extremely resilient, and the slim cut phone is a beauty to look at.
OnePlus has always been known for its stunning camera quality, and this device is no exception. With optical image stabilization and new nightscape feature, you can capture stunning shots even in low light photography.
The studio lighting feature, paired with an industry-leading camera sensor ensures that your photos look professionally crafted, every single time.
With Snapdragon 845 platform, 8GB RAM, and 256 GB storage, you can be sure that your experience of using the phone will be flawless and smooth every single time.
The phone also comes with DASH charging technology. With just half an hour of charge, you can use the phone for an entire working day. OnePlus 6T also comes equipped with Oxygen OS powered by Android Pie, which delivers seamless operation.
5. Best Budget Dual SIM Phone: Motorola Moto G7 Plus
- The 6.24 LCD display comes with full HD plus support and a high pixel density of 403 PPI. The Corning Gorilla Glass protection prevents any scratches or damage to the screen.
- With a pair of duo quad-core processors and Snapdragon 636 chipset, the phone is guaranteed to deliver a good performance. An Adreno 509 GPU ensures graphics are impeccable.
- 4GB RAM ensures that you can multitask and game seamlessly.
- The phone has a camera that has a dual setup of 16 MP and 5 MP sensors at the back.
- The front camera has a 12 MP sensor which ensures mesmerizing selfies every single time.
- A 3000 MH battery ensures that your smartphone will remain active for a long time, and turbocharging will help charge the phone quickly when you run out of juice.
- With inbuilt storage of 64GB and external memory expandable up to 512 GB, the phone supports two sim slots and a USB type C charging. The phone has a hybrid slot for two sims.
The hot new Moto G7 Plus promises to be a flagship device from Motorola G series. It is a great value smartphone that offers features usually found in phones that are much more expensive than this device. The curved glass back is perfect on both fronts – it allows the user to hold the phone without fear of slipping, as well as is pleasing to the eye.
This dual sim device from Motorola also has a water repelling layer that ensures there is no damage from rain or light spills. The fingerprint scanner is fast and it also comes with NFC and e-compass.
Coming to the display of the phone, the teardrop style looks stunning. The display quality is also excellent with vivid colors and beautiful contrast.
Equipped with Android stock, the phone runs smooth and sharp even when multitasking due to its Android 9.0 Pie update. When it comes to performance, the Snapdragon processor is snappy and extremely fast. Due to the graphics chipset, the phone also offers pure gaming experience unheard of in this price range.
The camera of the Motorola Moto G7 plus matches sensors of OnePlus 6 and iPhone, smartphones much more expensive than this one. The phone also captures greater detail in mid-level and low-level lighting and transforms dark scenes into truly magnificent photography.
With a 3000 MH battery, the phone provides enough juice to run for 5 to 6 hours. However, there are certainly better battery specs available at this range. With turbocharging, the phone slightly makes up for the weaker battery.
6. iPhone with Dual SIM: Apple iPhone XR
- The Apple iPhone XR has a great LCD display of 6.1 inches and a screen resolution of 828 x 1792 pixels, along with a density of 324 PPI. The device also comes with damage protection on the screen, a dustproof layer, and a water-resistant IP67 layer.
- It has a brilliant 12 MP rear camera which has features like a back-illuminated sensor, true tone flash and a physical aperture of f1.8 which ensures you get pictures and videos of unparalleled quality. The front camera of the phone has 7 MP sensors along with retina flash that results in perfect selfies every single time.
- The device comes with a 2942 mH battery with quick charging technology which allows you to refill the battery in very little time. The iPhone also has a wireless charging feature, along with other connectivity features like Bluetooth, NFC, and Wi-Fi.
- The device is powered by 64 bit Hexa Core processor along with M12 coprocessor. It has 3 GB RAM along with 64GB ROM.
- Apple’s A12 Bionic chipset and Apple GPU 4 graphics card power the phone to run games and applications seamlessly.
The Cupertino-based giant also launched the iPhone XR in hopes of appeasing fans who were not ready to spend a thousand dollars for an iPhone. This is the lowest price tag for an iPhone yet, and as a result, the phone does have downgraded features, although they may not be significant for the average buyer.
The iPhone XR comes with a single camera which has the same standard sensors as other iPhones, but it does lack the telephoto second sensor. As a result, on zooming, you won’t notice any difference in the landscape mode but the portrait mode reveals that the camera is not as effective. However, that may not be a concern for the untrained eye and an average user who does not pay attention to the minutiae of photography.
This iPhone also comes with a new type of LCD screen which is curved at the sides, allowing for an immersive all-screen display. The phone looks extremely sophisticated and advanced with this new feature.
Hardcore Apple fans will miss one of the features that make the iPhones unique. The 3D Touch feature which allows users to open a different set of apps and notifications when you press the screen harder is missing from this new phone.Martin, an Avid iPhone user who loves 3D touch
The phone is much thicker than an iPhones launched in the last few years and the shell around the side of the phone is also more chunky. But then again, the differences are not all that noticeable for a first time user and the phone does feel sophisticated and premium in the hand.
One of the best features about this phone is that the device does come with a better battery than the previous models. This has been one of the greatest gripes of iPhone users and an all-day battery offered by iPhone XR may just prove it to be the greatest iPhone so far.
When it comes to performance, the phone meets all the benchmarks for an Apple device. The performance is snappy and you can multitask without any lag.
7. Best All-Rounder: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Equipped with a beautiful 6.39-inch screen that has OLED display and exhibits 1440 x 3120-pixel screen resolution that ensures that you get crystal clear display. The phone has an aspect ratio of 19:5:9 with 498 PPI pixel density so that you can watch movies and videos seamlessly. The display is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
- The rear camera comes with flashing dual setup of 40 MP and 20 MP cameras. The front camera has a sensor or 24 MP and is equipped with selfie expert technology.
- With 128 GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 256 GB, there is plenty of space to store movies and music.
- The phone is equipped with Kirin 980 dual-core processors and a quad-core cortex processor. It also has a GPU and sizeable 6 GB RAM which provide blazing fast performance even while multitasking.
The phone has a signature look at the back due to its curved edge screen and glass layered on top. The fingerprint sensor is integrated within the screen, so there is a clean symmetrical look which makes the phone stand out.
The 6.3-inch screen is exceptionally beautiful. Huawei has removed the bottom buttons, and as a result, you get a seamless display that is immersive no matter what you are doing – watching movies or playing games. Even the bezels of the phone have been thinned out.
The fingerprint scanner is snappy and fast-acting. The only problem is that you will have to wake up the display or guess where exactly the sensor is because there is no way to know otherwise. The gigantic 4,200 mAH battery will keep you running throughout the day no matter what you are doing, consuming media, browsing or even listening to music.
The quick charging technology allows you to charge the phone quickly. It also has a dual nanohybrid sim slot which allows you to use two sims at the same time.
The Mate Pro 20 is equipped with Android 9.0 out of the box so that you get the latest version of the operating system. Equipped with Kirin 980 chipset and 6GB RAM, the device is fully functional and able to handle streaming and gaming without any hitch. You can even play high-end games without any lag.
8. Sony Xperia XZ3 Best For Music Lovers
- The Xperia XZ3 Infinity is a power-packed device that comes with a 6-inch display and a resolution of 1440 x 2880 pixels. The device runs on Android version 9.0 Pie operating system.
- It is powered by Octa-core processors – that is – a set of 2 quad-core cryo 385 processors, each with a clock speed of 2.8 GHz and 1.8 GHz each. Paired with 4GB of RAM, the phone works seamlessly whether you are playing heavy games or multitasking.
- It is packed with a 3300 mAh battery that ensures that you keep up with the daily routine without having to charge your phone again and again. Coming to the camera, the rear camera has a 19 MP sensor and supports a resolution of 5160 x 3872 pixels. The front camera is equal to Exmor Rs sensors.
- Other sensors that are integrated into the phone include a light sensor, proximity sensor, accelerometer, and compass.
- The phone also has a snappy fingerprint sensor. Excellent graphical performance that makes sure that you are going to run smoothly is insured by an Adreno 630 GPU. The phone comes with 64 GB memory that can be extended up to 512 GB.
- It has a dual sim slot that supports two nano sims and the phone is 9.9 millimeters in width and weighs 193 grams.
The handset is also covered in Gorilla Glass 5 at the front and back and is held together by an aluminum frame, which makes sure that the phone looks sophisticated and classy. But one of the drawbacks of the glass back is that the phone is a little slippery in the hand.
Although the fingerprint sensor is snappy and can unlock the phone within a few seconds, the placement of it is a little awkward. The sensor is placed smack in the middle of the phone which makes it very difficult to use it in a natural position.
The display of the phone is exceptionally remarkable as it is installed with OLED technology. The 6-inch screen comes with full HD Plus features so that the colors are much sharper and richer in this device.
The edge of the phone also has a curve at the sides and when you tap there, the phone brings up shortcuts to apps, settings, and notifications. This is probably one of the most innovative features of this phone.
Sony Xperia XZ 3 comes with a Snapdragon 845 processor which make sure that the device is fast even when multitasking. The phone also comes with Android 9 Pie installed right out of the box.
Coming to the camera, the quality is fine but not excellent. It tends to add too much contrast to the photos, making them look unnatural. In low light photography, the phone adds a little too much exposure which again makes them looks processed.
A 3,300 mAh battery is not the best in the market, but it works well with the phone and ensured the phone runs throughout the day. The phone also has a quick charging facility. The glass back panel also ensures that the phone can be charged wirelessly.
9. Best OnePlus 6T Alternative: Xiaomi Pocophone F1
- Pocophone F1 is one of the best mid-range smartphones that comes with features only found in phones much more expensive than this device.
- Crystal clear pictures and configuration that is perfectly built for running high-end games makes this phone suitable for multitasking.
- The device has dual rear cameras with a configuration of 12 MP and 5 MP sensors which result in beautiful pictures in low light as well. On the other hand, the front camera works even better with 20 MP resolution resulting in flattering selfies every single time.
- With 64 GB internal memory expandable up to 256 GB and 6GB RAM.
- The Mi Pocophone F1 has an octa-core processor sitting on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset and an Adreno 630 graphics card which ensure that you can run heavy games like Asphalt and PUBG Mobile without any lag.
- The display of the phone is 6.18 inches long and has an IPS LCD screen with the resolution of 1080 and 2246 pixels. An aspect ratio of 18:7:9 ensures that you get an immersive experience whether you are gaming or watching videos. Corning Gorilla Glass protection prevents damage from any minor accidents.
- The phone has a solid 4000 mAh battery which supports quick charging. The Pocophone F1 can hold two sim cards in a hybrid slot and it supports 4G VOLTE in both the cards.
amazon link=”B07H454Z42″ title=”Xiaomi Pocophone F1 comes at a knockout price” /] with standard features that are enough to go head to head with many flagship devices in the market. The phone is a cheaper alternative to many expensive phones including OnePlus 6T.
As far as design is concerned, the phone is made of a solid polycarbonate body with plastic back and metal frame running along the edge. This makes the phone not only lightweight but also ensures that you get a sophisticated looking phone without burning your pocket. Not only that, but this phone is also much more resilient than other handsets that come with a full glass body.
The dual rear camera position above the fingerprint sensor works seamlessly to ensure that you get crystal clear pictures with vibrant colors and extensive details. The camera sensor is integrated with Sony IMAX 363; rest assured that all your shots will be Instagram worthy. A 20 MP front camera delivers beautiful selfies every single time.
The 6.1 HD plus screen renders sharp images in every light setting. The IPS LCD panel offers excellent overall brightness and very little color shifting. With adjustable reading mode and custom color temperature feature, you can customize the display of your phone to your own needs.
The Snapdragon 845 Qualcomm processor paired with 6GB RAM is able to match the speed of true flagship devices that cost three times as much as the Pocophone F1. The phone allows you to to use heavy games as well as multitask without compromising on performance.
There is one drawback to this Xiaomi phone. The stock MIUI is heavy-handed over the Android interface. The operating system comes with clunky apps and themes that do not look classy or sophisticated.
However, a Xiaomi phone review would be incomplete without praising the battery life. A solid 4000 mAh battery will help you run for a full day without charging the phone. The phone also comes with a fast-charging option, the in-box charger can boost up the juice from 25% to 73% in just an hour.
10. Best Value for Money: Asus Zenfone 5Z
- Asus Zenfone 5Z specs stand out because of the phone’s premium features at an affordable price. The device sports a 6.2-inch display with full HD plus resolution and a 19:9 aspect ratio that ensure that you experience full immersion no matter what you are doing on your phone.
- It is also powered by Snapdragon 845 processor that is clocked at a speed of 2.8 GHz. The phone has 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal memory storage which can further be expanded up to two terabytes with the help of a memory card.
- It runs on Android 8.0 which is layered with Zenfone user interface 5 on the top.
- The phone has an excellent rear camera which has a pair of one primary camera and one secondary camera. The former have 12-megapixel sensors and the latter has 8-megapixel sensors. Both cameras are also equipped with a wide angle lens feature.
- At the front of the phone, an 8-megapixel selfie camera is placed so that you get beautiful selfies every single time. A 3300 MH battery and an 18-watt charger ensure your phone will be full of juice in just a matter of minutes so this flagship device will stay with you throughout the day.
- The phone also has a dual sim tray which has a hybrid sim slot that supports dual 4G and VoltE features.
The sophisticated and classy looks are only trumped by how light the actual device is. The glass body and the metal frame barely make up for any weight. However, one of the drawbacks of the glass back is that the phone is extremely slippery and require back cover to ensure maximum safety.
The full glass display in the front is interrupted only by the selfie camera and the front speakers. The phone has a very minimalistic design which stands out in the crowd.
The 6.2-inch display has high resolution and a pixel density of 402 PPI, ensuring that the phone offers a wide range of colors and just the right amount of saturation and warmth. The popular bezel-less display is also well integrated into this phone.
Asus Zenfone 5Z comes with the Snapdragon 845 chipset which ensures that you can use apps and play games without a hitch. Coming to the software and UI design, the new Asus phone comes with a much cleaner Zen UI with built-in theme engine and icons that do not look clunky.
The rear dual cameras are equipped with a wide lens so that you can take excellent panoramic shots. Photos taken outside look vibrant and colorful, and when the HDR mode is enabled, the details of the photos are also increased. Even the front camera works seamlessly to capture picture-perfect selfies.
The 3,300 mAH battery lasts for 7 hours. This may not sound like much, but one of the most impressive things about this phone is that the fast charging feature allows you to charge the phone up to 50% in less than 30 minutes. The less capacity battery is more than covered for by the fast charging feature.
11. Best for Selfie Lovers: Honor View 20
- The Honor View 20has one of the most stylish looks in the market with its 6.4-inch display, IPS LCD capacitive touch screen and 1080 x 2310 resolution that ensures crystal clear quality. The large display is completely immersive, with no notch or bezel.
- The front camera is fitted right into the screen with 25-megapixel sensors that ensure you get picture-perfect selfies, every single time. On the other hand, the rear camera has a 48-megapixel sensor with artificial intelligence HDR technology in order to capture all these details that are normally missed by phone cameras.
- The phone camera is enhanced by Kirin 980 chipset with dual ISP. Even when you are shooting from a distance, you will be able to shoot in high definition clarity.
- This phone also has 6 GB RAM to ensure that multitasking and gaming are free of any lag. The Octa-core processor that comes with Kirin 980 chipset further makes sure that the phone is a powerhouse of a performance. It also comes with 128 GB storage and Android 9.0 operating system.
With 4000 mAh battery and the ability to charge up to 55% in less than 30 minutes, you will never run out of juice with this device.
The smartphone comes with a number of impressive features and most of them live up to their promises. With excellent battery life, more than sufficient CPU and GPU performance, Honor View 20 promises that gaming and day-to-day tasks will be accomplished without a hitch.
Due to its excellent features and performance, the phone can go neck to neck with the flagship device like OnePlus 6T.
The eye-catching finish of the product is bound to attract looks from passersby. The wave pattern at the back is remarkable. Although shiny finish certainly looks amazing, it does attract fingerprints now and then. The back class is also somewhat slippery. The front of the frame offers an immersive display with the highest screen to body ratio.
The high resolution of the display also helps the colors stand out and makes for an impressive overall look. With Kirin 980 CPU and 2 dual NPU, the phone enhances performance without affecting battery life. When it comes to gaming on heavy apps like PUBG and Asphalt, graphics rate is good and there is no lag in the gameplay.
The honor view 20 is the only smartphone in the market featuring Sony’s IMX 586 sensor which ensures that the phone functions excellently in low light photography, as well as manages to capture crystal-clear details during day photography.
Dual SIM Phone – The Buyer’s Guide
Before you make that final decision to get your favorite dual sim phone, it is essential that you consider certain things so that you can make the most informed decision. With a wide variety of products available in the market and the wide range of factors to consider, it can be certainly an uphill task to pick a model that will suit your needs.
Moreover, it is easy to get distracted by shiny new features in a smartphone, but a pragmatic decision can be reached only by evaluating what your needs are and which factors you should consider before forking out a lot of money.
Before picking a product, it is necessary that you evaluate your priorities and ask yourself what do you actually use your smartphone for on an everyday basis. For example, somebody who only spends their time on social media and streaming on YouTube, there is no need to get an expensive device with a graphics card. However, for a gamer, it may be essential to spend more money and get a device that provides a smooth gaming experience.
To help you make that informed decision, here is a list of what factors you should consider before clicking on that order button.
1. Operating System and Processor
If you are considering a phone from this list, you have already decided that you will be buying an Android-based smartphone.
Several versions of the operating system are available, and it is preferable to get a device that has the latest version or at least can be updated to it. Every update adds new unique features and functions to your smartphone, so don’t settle for a device that has outdated versions like Lollipop or KitKat rather go for the ones which come with Android Oreo, Pie or even Android Q.
Coming to the processor, this acts as the motherboard of the tiny computer that is your smartphone. Qualcomm processors are usually a safe bet as they have proven themselves over and over in the market.
Kirin processors of Huawei have also made their name as performance-enhancing chipsets. You should also consider getting a phone that has more than 6 GB of RAM so that there is no lag while multitasking.
This is probably one of the most important features of a phone. Although you can use a micro SD card to expand the storage of your smartphone, internal memory is generally preferred over external because of the ability to install more apps.
Also remember that even though smartphones claim to provide 64 or 128 GB of memory, the actual space available is considerably less. So it is always a safe bet to go with a phone that has at least 64GB of memory so that you have sufficient space to save your pictures and music.
However, if you like to game on your smartphone, it is preferable to get a device that has 128 GB of internal memory so that you can run heavy games like Asphalt and PUBG without affecting the functionality of the phone.
Similarly, RAM is a very important factor to consider. At least get 6 GB of RAM so that you do not face hanging and freezing issues when multitasking. For gamers, even more, RAM may be required to run heavy games.
The size and type of display are probably one of the most important factors for some people. Most smartphones come with a display that is at least 6 inches in size and is equipped with HD plus graphics.
The bezel-less display is extremely popular these days because they provide full immersion no matter what you do – play games or watch a video on YouTube. Screen size is definitely a factor you should consider before deciding which phone to buy.
Another important distinction is the difference between LCD and AMOLED display. The former offers brighter display and tends to work better in direct sunlight. AMOLED display offers sharp contrast and more saturated colors.
You should also make sure that your phone has Corning Gorilla Glass protection to prevent scratches and minor accidental damage.
Nowadays, more and more people are focused on the camera of the smartphone and listening to the demand of users, manufacturers are also adding more features to phone cameras. However, it is easy to get distracted by a range of features like hybrid autofocus and optical stabilization that sound impressive.
If you are not a photographer or somebody who is passionate about it, there is no use spending a lot of money just to get some features that you are not going to use anyway. If you are only going to use your phone for selfies and occasional photographs with friends, a good quality camera with integrated sensor and good pixel size should be enough for you.
Some phones come with a more powerful front camera instead of the rear camera. This feature can help you save money if you are like me who loves taking selfies but doesn’t use the rear camera much.
Most of the phones come with regular connectivity features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and LTE. If you are going to buy a dual sim phone make sure that the phone has 4G connectivity for both sim slots.
Since most of the carriers work with LTE technology these days, you should also make sure that the smartphone can support that feature on both sim cards.
Additionally, some smartphones come with specialized Wi-Fi stabilization technology which is ideal for people who tend to travel a lot and use a public network.
6. Battery Life
One of the most significant features to consider when buying a new smartphone is battery life. It is, of course, better to get a phone that has higher mAh battery but that’s not all you should consider.
Higher screen resolution tends to consume more battery power, whereas better processors optimize battery life. You should also see if your phone comes with quick charging technology as well as battery saving mode so that you can get the most out of your smartphone every day.
The perfect balance can be achieved by any phone that offers at least 3500 mAh battery. This ensures that you don’t have to charge your phone several times during the day in order to keep it running.
7. Audio Experience
It is also important to consider that your smartphone has good call and music quality, especially if you are someone who tends to listen to music on your phone. Make sure you check the audio quality of the phone before buying it.
8. Other Features
Almost all the smartphones in the market these days come with a variety of sensors like gyroscope, barometer, compass etcetera. You will also find that most phones are equipped with the Global Positioning System or GPS.
However, it is essential to consider whether your phone has a waterproof and scratch-proof display, especially if you tend to travel a lot. If you are prone to dropping your phone, it may be worth it to invest in a device that comes with Gorilla Glass protection that ensures that your screen will remain scratch proof amidst minor accidents.
Of course one of the most important factors to consider is your budget. You should first decide how much do you want to spend on getting a new smartphone and then look for devices in that price range.
It is also important to consider what you will be using your phone. It is not worth it to spend your entire month’s salary on a device with excessive features that you are not going to use anyway. If you can work well with a cheaper device, there is no point in spending more than what is required.
Once you have decided the budget, you will find a wide range of choices from which you can pick and choose according to your preference.
As we’ve mentioned in our list, when it comes to the best Huawei P30 Pro is our choice. However, there has been a lot of fuss about Huawei-US which has been sorted out for the time being. However, if you still don’t trust the company with their devices, We would suggest you, to consider the Samsung Galaxy S10.
Not for all the phones, but for a few phones, it could affect. In most cases neither of the SIMs affects the signal of the other sim card. Whether you prefer to use both the sims at the same time or switch off one of them at a time, the phone uses different circuits to allow both the sims to interact with their corresponding cell towers. This means that the signal of either of the cards will not be affected by the other.
Even if you own a phone that has a dual sim slot, there is no reason you can’t use just one sim at a time with your smartphone. Simply leave the other slot empty, and if it is a hybrid slot, you can insert a memory card inside it and you are good to go.
Independent radio circuits in the phone tend to actively try to connect the sim cards to their corresponding cell towers. As a result, 2 power circuits are being used simultaneously which results in battery draining faster. Even when one of the sims is on standby mode, it still tries to communicate with nearby towers in order to allow emergency calls in case of absence of signal. That is why dual sim phones tend to get discharged much more quickly than the ones that only have a single SIM card.
The reason why we’ve not added the OnePlus 7 to this list is that OnePlus hasn’t launched it in the US. You may consider the OnePlus 7 Pro, but that is not as sturdy as the 6T.
Yes, there are several smartphones that will support dual sim slots even in the USA. Some of these names include Samsung, OnePlus, Asus, Motorola, Huawei etc.
Yes, Verizon does support dual SIM iPhone. This means that the company has rolled out eSim cards so that users can add additional sim card to their iPhone without actually inserting a physical sim inside the phone. Previously this feature was only available with AT&T. But now Verizon has also jumped on the wagon and users can easily add a Verizon eSim to their iPhone.
It can be extremely useful for businessmen and women to use a phone that has the ability to use a dual sim card. They can use one of the numbers for their work contacts and professional acquaintances. On the other hand, the other number can be used for just personal use. The dual-sim smartphone keeps both the numbers activated all the times so that you don’t have to carry two phones everywhere.
You can also use one of the numbers just for phone calls and the other for connecting to the internet, because data may be cheaper on one plan while another operator may offer better-calling plans.
Having two mobile operators at the same time also ensures that you will not be logged out of the network even if you go to a place where one of the sim cards doesn’t work. With dual sim smartphone, you can also purchase an extra sim when you are traveling to another country in order to avoid roaming and international charges.
Dual sim phones radiate twice as much radiation as the devices have only one sim and this is because every sim stands out EMF radiation as it reaches out to neighboring cell towers.
Even when a sim is switched off on a dual sim phone, it is still communicating with other towers. Therefore a dual sim device tends to release much more radiation than a single sim phone.
As a result, your phone can easily exceed the limit of radiation that is considered normal. If you don’t really need a dual sim device, then you should avoid adding an extra sim in order to reduce the level of radiation that you are exposed to. But if you do have to get one for professional purposes, get a smartphone from a trusted brand and try to use earphones instead of using the device for calls directly.
No iPhones do not have a dual sim card slot. Rather, the company uses the concept of eSim in order to allow its users to use multiple SIM. In this system, you can add an additional plan to your device via QR code system and confirmation code, but you can only activate one line at a time.
Only Chinese versions of the new iPhones have two sim slots for adding two physical nano sim cards. They released in the rest of the world only have one sim slot and the capacity to add an embedded e-sim. This feature will only get enabled by Apple iOS software update.
If you’re looking to buy a dual sim smartphone, there are plenty of options in the market. In fact, there may be one too many options which can be confusing. It is essential that you make a list of what your needs are before looking at options. Consult the buyers guide to find out what exactly are the factors that you need to consider before you buy a smartphone.
- If you are from the USA, The Huawei P30 Pro is your best bet when it comes to a dual sim phone. The device leans towards a pricier range but it also comes equipped with excellent features. You can also get a Samsung Galaxy S10 which is more affordable and is an extremely reliable option.
- On the lower end is the Sony Xperia XZ3 which is much better than previous devices launched by the company. This dual SIM smartphone is mid-range when it comes to budget and is still able to compete with flagship devices. Another good option when it comes to budget smartphones in dual smartphone range is Xiaomi Pocophone F1 and Asus Zenfone AZ.
- If you are looking for flagship devices, OnePlus 6T is one of the best dual sim smartphones. The company has proved over and over that all the devices launched by them are exceptionally reliable and durable.
- Motorola Moto G7 Plus is another affordable phone which comes with features that are usually seen in flagship devices, not to mention the fact that the it is extremely sturdy when it comes to its build.
- If you are an Apple fanboy, you can invest in the Apple iPhone XR which comes with one nano sim which can be physically inserted into the device. You can update the iOS to add an additional eSim.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro is also a good dual sim phone but it is also more on the expensive side, although it does justify its price tag with its top-shelf specs.
Latest update of 5th July 2019: Addition of table and purchase button!